When the Mikkei Combine rescues the Raza from Ferrous Corp's revenge, the Raza are forced to do a job — with a less than trustworthy crew of thieves — in exchange for the Mikkei's continued protection. Meanwhile, the Android creates a factory default version of herself to determine the flaws in her programming.
- Stephanie: I feel like I can’t give this episode a fair review because I found One so irritating that it overshadows my thinking about the episode as a whole. I think it was fine. There was a decent A story, some cool fight scenes, and some nice character moments. I was happy that Two and Five got to participate in the mission. But I did feel like I had deja vu watching this episode. We’d seen several elements of this plotline before.
- Annie: This was another subpar episode. Like Stephanie, I feel like One’s storyline is taking over a lot of unnecessary screentime. The opening sequence had a lot of believable tension and was well done. I liked the crew being on another mission, Five playing a crucial role, and the fight scene with Two and Four kicking ass. And double the Androids!!
- Kris: I thought this was a pretty decent episode. I love a caper storyline. We finally got one of the things that we’ve wanted to see – Five on a mission. And if they were going to have Wexler be so gross, I’m glad that Two reacted appropriately.
- The Android has booted up a “factory settings” version of herself to look for flaws in her programming.
- The Raza crew were put in a difficult position to either take on a mission with sketchy collaborators and little information OR to lose their good relationship with a large corporation that can protect them.
- One, Three, Four, and Six have a No Girls Allowed meeting.
- For all the preparation that the other team claims to have done, they were pretty useless.
In which Stephanie pretends that Three has a crush on One for her own amusement
- Three, I know you’re upset that One and Two are having a thing, but there’s no need to be so passive aggressive/sexist about it. I know you think you’re offering him a relationship in which he doesn’t have to be afraid of his partner, but there’s no shame for men to be submissive to their female partners. Some men, just like some women, prefer that role in a relationship.
- Sure. One and Three are HARDly friends.
- One wanted Three to catch him! And he did! Kinda.
Stuff that Made Us Happy
- Two clobbering that gross guy — DESERVED IT
- Two telling One that they might need to rethink their sleeping together (YES. You DO need to rethink that situation, Two.)
- Double the Android, double the fun! (Except RedDroid is kinda mean!)
- Two telling Six that Five needs to be part of the crew
- Five covering why she doesn't know how old she is
- Five and Two got to go on the mission and do stuff! And Five got to wear her goggles!
- Five giving Two a hard time — “Of course I’ll do it!”
- Five correcting Three that it’s an ANDROID
- Three being afraid of waking a slumbering android
- Five figuring out how to both disarm the android and open the door
- Three appreciating Five’s help on the mission – and even being proud of her!
- Three tries to give Five whiskey, Six stops him, they tease each other — it’s great!
- How did Two know that it was a subatomic research facility? Does that knowledge relate to her super fast healing abilities?
- If the Android can act as a lie detector, why can’t she tell when people/other androids are being deceptive and are about to shoot her? (The Android needs a bodyguard! Annie volunteers as tribute!)
- How will Two return to the ship? Or will she? If she does, how does she explain how she survived? How will the crew react to the revelation of her healing abilities?
- Could this situation end in the Android acting in an unexpected way? Perhaps defending the crew despite the fact that Two erased her security protocols in “Episode One”?
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at email@example.com
- Tweet to @DarkMatterPod
- Ask us a question on Tumblr