With D'avin missing for five days, Dutch is getting reckless in her mission to save him. All leads point to Arkyn, so Dutch and Johnny, with help from Pree, take a warrant to find a shield that will help them penetrate the radiation barrier around the moon. However, the shield has a very different form than they expected.
Additional Music: “Time to Move and Motivate” & “Interstellar Export” by The Insider (CC BY-SA 3.0)
- Kris: I loved this episode. We’re thrown right back into the action, not that I expected any less. The bond of the team is still front and center, and Pree gets to join them on the mission. We learn a little more about Khlyen, even though that really only leads to more questions. I like how much they’ve complicated Khlyen’s role. Also, I really like Clara and want her to come back. I mean — they left the door wide open for a return!
- Stephanie: I thought this was a pretty strong season premiere. It both followed up on plot elements from the season 1 finale as well as introduced likely plot threads for this season. It was great seeing Pree take a strong role in the mission, and I’m totally enamored of Clara. Come back!
- Annie: The Killjoys are back and I’m so happy! I loved seeing Johnny and Pree team up when going undercover. I really liked the introduction of Clara and hope she comes back. Dutch is up to her usual badass self. I like the revelations D’avin has about Khylen, and that there’s more to the RAC than what we’ve been led to believe.
- Dutch, Johnny, and Pree have been looking for D’avin for five days and are now certain he’s on Arkyn. Dutch is getting so desperate that she’s acting recklessly.
- Mission of the week: retrieve a shield to get through the barrier surrounding Arkyn
- Pree is the key to getting entry to Eulogy because of his criminal record.
- D’avin is undergoing procedures involving green goo, presumably to become a Level 6, but D’avin is immune to the goo.
- Khlyen claims to want to keep Dutch safe via a Level 6-ed D’avin, since she doesn’t trust Khlyen anymore.
- Dutch gets to a crossroad and chooses to keep her people safe rather than pursue Khlyen.
- D’avin suggests to Dutch that Khlyen is not her enemy and that he might be protecting her from whatever the true leaders of the RAC are really up to.
- Because Clara is more than 26% tech, she is not considered a person by The Company, which creates a loophole in the warrant Dutch and Johnny got for the shield.
Things Made Us Happy
- “You’d better start running in: 5, 4, whoops!”
- “Prima Dezz. Alias: Big Daddy Scrimshaw. Alias: Paris O’Malley.”
- Clara (and Alice)
- “You are attractive. For a human.”
- Pree and Johnny were a fun team. “You do not disrespect your man’s mother!”
- “I’m not wearing my dying underwear today.”
- “What? I rhyme when I’m nervous.”
- “But this time I get to choose.” – Clara
- “I like that one, John. Can we keep her?” “That’s not how it works, Lucy.”
- Luke Macfarlane was shirtless for half the episode, continuing the trend they started in season one.
- As usual, Dutch chooses an amazing outfit for undercover work. She looks like a Freaky Leekie from Orphan Black in an episode in which we are introduced to a character with tons of body mods. Hm.
- What was the “very old memory” that D’avin saw about? How old can it be?
- Why is D’avin immune to the Level 6-ing process? Is it because of the nanites from last season? Or possibly when they put that trigger switch in his head, they did something else to him as well?
- Who is “the lady” that the Black Root is taking Khlyen to?
- Who or what is the Black Root?
- How are we supposed to interpret Fancy’s actions at the end of the episode? Is he loyal to Khlyen? Was he there to save him? Or just watch over him until Khlyen could be taken to “the lady”?
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at email@example.com
- Tweet to @KilljoysPodcast
- Ask us a question on Tumblr