With Sabine revealed as a Six, Dutch and the team try to interrogate her for information about Khlyen and the purpose of Level VI. However, Sabine's encounter with D'avin changed her, and he struggles with how to handle her as their captive. Meanwhile, Johnny asks Pawter to order a warrant for the person who designed the wall that surrounds Old Town.
Additional Music: “Time to Move and Motivate” & “Interstellar Export” by The Insider (CC BY-SA 3.0)
- Kris: I think I need to sit with this episode for a few more days before I can form a real opinion about it. I liked a lot of the elements, but I'm not sure how I feel about it as a whole. It was especially violent this week, which I don't particularly like. I liked the twist with Sabine being a Six, but the way it was resolved bothers me.
- Annie: This episode had some humorous lines that I enjoyed, but it took a darker turn than the show usually does, which I found pretty upsetting. Dutch torturing Sabine and Sabine’s beheading of another Six are not elements of the show I really enjoy. Luke Macfarlane delivered a great performance in portraying D’avin’s anguish about how to react around Sabine now that she’s been revealed as a Six. More mysteries emerge around Double Dutch, and whom Dutch is supposed to assassinate. I’m worried about Johnny working against the Company and that he’s been captured by Jelco. Stressful episode to watch!
- More Dutch and Alvis sexytimes! But Dutch has a dream/nightmare/vision of Double Dutch slashing Alvis’s throat. Not cool, Double Dutch!
- D’avin seeks Johnny’s help in figuring out what to do about Sassy Sandwich.
- The team takes Sassy Sandwich to Turin for help in interrogating her, but Turin’s trusted interrogator is also a Six.
- D’avin and Sabine share a green goo conduit link hot tub to download the identities of the Sixes, and Dutch and Johnny start marking all the Sixes in Old Town.
- Dutch searches Sabine's room and kills a Black Root soldier, who reveals that Sabine was in fact sent by the Black Root to get information about Khlyen's whereabouts.
- D’avin lets Sassy go to give her some freedom for her last moments, then Dutch chases after her and ultimately kills her.
- Dutch then finds Khlyen’s chrome cube hideout, which seems to be full of artifacts meant for Dutch.
- Johnny takes on a warrant for Artura Senbek, the designer of the walls around Old Town, by himself. In search of the controls, he breaks into Jelco’s office without telling the team, which leads to his capture.
Things Made Us Happy
- “It’s Sabine. It’s Sabine in a bag.”
- “Now she’s regular unconscious. I can work with that.”
- Dutch hugging D’avin
- Bellus! She calls Johnny out on his nonsense, which she is so good at doing with all the team.
- Dutch goes undercover with great hair and makeup, as always
- Musical choices
- Who is Aneela? Is Dutch right about her being Double Dutch?
- Is Sabine really dead? How did she know about that cube meant for Dutch?
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tweet to @KilljoysPodcast
- Ask us a question on Tumblr