Dutch, D'avin, and Johnny attend the funeral of the recently fallen killjoys and try to use the opportunity to recruit the financial backing of the Nine for their war against the Hullen. Meanwhile, Aneela makes a discovery about D'avin's control of the Hullen plasma, and Gander decides that Delle Seyah needs to go.
- Kris: I really liked this episode! As expected, Dutch is taking things pretty hard, and D’avin is once again having to serve as an emotional guide for her. (Honestly, I kind of wanted to kiss him in that moment, too, Dutch.) Speaking of relationship stuff, I’m loving the scenes with the Green Queens. The reveal that Aneela is actually a prisoner is AMAZING, and is probably going to be the thing that I remember this episode by.
- Stephanie: I was pretty riveted by this episode, especially by the B-plot with Delle Seyah and Aneela, but there was lots of interesting stuff going on. I loved seeing a bit more of the religion of the Killjoys world. My wish for some Hunky Monk was granted, though honestly I could have used even more of him. I thought Louella was really well-used in both the whodunit plot and revisiting the aftermath of Pawter's death for Johnny. Also, I kinda loved Aneela's murder spree. Does that make me a terrible person?
- Annie: I liked this episode, with Dutch dealing with the emotional fall out from killing Banyon and the murder mystery of the week. Although I thought Louella was going pretty off the rails by being willing to kill everyone, not just the Nine – couldn’t she have used a different, less painful murder-y device? And more awkwardness between Dutch and D'av! Will their relationship turn sexual again? I was especially tickled by the revelation about Aneela being prisoner – I did not see that coming! Aneela going all Darth Vader was amaaazing!
Thoughts & Questions
- The plot twist of Aneela being a prisoner of the Hullen completely recontextualizes her as a character, and by extension her relationship with Delle Seyah. While the evil lesbian trope has not been completely subverted, it definitely has become much more complicated now.
- What memories of Aneela's (because they're Aneela's, right?) did Khlyen remove and store in the remnant?
- Aneela clearly fears being abandoned. How and when was Aneela “all alone” before?
- Does Aneela know the ship is an elaborate prison for her? It seemed like someone else had disappeared before, like Delle Seyah did.
- What exactly did Aneela find with the sample from D'avin? Is she planning on creating another Red 17?
- How much control does Aneela really have over the war with The Quad?
- Delle Seyah was impregnated by the Hullen. Harumph. And what is she pregnant with exactly?
- Dutch and D’avin are having plenty of awkward UST again.
- The elevator muzak was spot-on.
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tweet to @KilljoysPodcast
- Ask us a question on Tumblr