Hoping to gain a tactical advantage over Aneela, Dutch enlists Zeph's help to access the memories that Khlyen had stored in the Remnant. However, the memories actually lead to surprising discoveries about Aneela's past. With Dutch pursuing her own goals, D'avin is left to handle the preparation for the war against the Hullen. He tries to recruit Fancy and the Cleansed to help them pilot the Hullen fleet.
Annie and Stephanie discuss episode 3×07 of Killjoys “The Wolf You Feed.”
- Annie: This was such an intriguing, twisty, turn-y episode! Dutch reliving Aneela’s memories and unexpectedly finding out her origins was craaaazy! I still can’t process everything that was revealed – did Dutch come from the Green? And delving into Dutch’s memories and seeing when she first met Johnny was something I’d been waiting for since Season 1 — it did not disappoint! The subplot of D'av struggling to lead the army and integrating Fancy and the Cleansed was also riveting – I can’t believe he arrested Turin! I get the feeling that will come back to bite him in the butt later. All in all, another solid episode.
- Stephanie: This episode connected so many dots in interesting and unexpected ways. I feel like I need to rewatch the entire series to really process this episode. But even though the show was busy giving us a lot of backstory and answering Big Questions, we still got a lot of solid character development. D'avin recognized his leadership abilities and confronted an injustice in Dutch's absence. Zeph got the Johnny Jaqobis seal of approval for disobeying Dutch just enough to keep her safe. And even though I didn't really care for the flashback of Dutch and Johnny meeting, I did love the real-time conclusion. Johnny loves Dutch so much he'll take a bullet for her, but smartly wear a bulletproof vest.
Thoughts & Questions
- Khlyen removes Aneela's memories of pulling herself from the goo to protect her from “the lady.” The Lady was referenced by the Black Root in Season 2. We had been assuming that The Lady was Aneela, when she was introduced, but now we know that The Lady has yet to be revealed.
- That's how to do a red herring! Aneela is not the Big Bad, but she is just as interesting (and maybe even more so, we haven't seen it yet) than getting to the top of the Hullen power structure.
- So Khlyen has been training Dutch to protect her from “The Lady,” right?
- Did Khlyen actually kill Dutch's husband? Her memory was unclear. Could that have been Aneela's doing? Or was it Dutch's doing and she doesn't remember for some reason?
- If Aneela gave Dutch to Khlyen as a gift, why does she seem to hate her so much and want her dead? Did she develop jealousy of Dutch over the years?
- The storyline with the Cleansed seemed to parallel the treatment of Japanese Americans and Italian Canadians in World War II, who were locked up in internment camps because they could have potentially been on the side of the enemy.
- D'avin really came into his own and took a principled stand against the power structure when he saw that Turin's actions was not right.
- Dutch looked so torn when she was talking to D'avin. Like she wanted to kiss him, but knew it was a bad idea? Or maybe we were projecting and Dutch was just upset over what she just learned?
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tweet to @KilljoysPodcast
- Ask us a question on Tumblr