We reveal some of our Lost Girl “favorites,” including our favorite bad guys turned good, family members, and friendships. This episode is a compilation of several short episodes we produced as part of our 30 Days of Lost Girl series in which we answered a bunch of questions about Lost Girl. To see all of the questions in the meme as well as get links to our episodes in which we answer those questions, visit our 30 Days of Lost Girl guide.
SPOILER WARNING: Answers may contain spoilers for up through the end of Season 4.
Day 25: Favorite bad-guy-turned-good OR good-guy-turned-bad?
- Stephanie: Trick — Even though I’m not sure Trick was ever truly good, I do think we’ve seen more of a sinister, darker side to Trick as the seasons have progressed. I’m so curious to see more of the Machiavellian Trick.
- Annie: Vex — So fascinating to see him go from a psychopath making vampires kill themselves in garbage disposals, to hanging on the clubhouse couch discussing mascara tips! I love that little moment when Kenzi requested the ‘old’ Vex back to get revenge on Massimo — I would love to see that pop up now and again to see if it conflicts with the conscience Vex has around those he now considers friends.
- Kris: Tamsin — She wasn’t technically a “bad guy” when introduced, but she was an antagonist, so I’m counting it. I like that we got to see the progression of her character’s relationship with our protagonists and that they got to restructure those relationships with Tamsin’s rebirth.
Day 26: Something that happened that you wish hadn’t?
- Annie: The Karen Beattie plotline — Besides always mispronouncing the name, this part of Lauren’s past came from left field and was something I thought was completely unnecessary. And now it is a millstone around Lauren’s neck — it changes the perception the audience has of the character and is yet another thing she has to discuss with Bo. Plus, you’d think the human authorities would be looking for her since she had a hand in the pipe bombing that had unexpected fatalities.
- Stephanie: The Norn (and Dyson) declaring that “wolves mate for life” — First of all, that’s not really accurate. Second of all, I think it really boxed Dyson in as a character, and it has relegated him to pining after Bo for two seasons now.
- Kris: Revenants — Why does it always have to be zombies?!?! Stupid zombies.
Day 27: Something that didn’t happen, but should have?
- Kris: A resolution for Crystal’s storyline! I just kept hoping they’d address it, but they never did.
- Stephanie: Bo should have pressured Hale to free Lauren when he was acting Ash — Even if ultimately Hale wasn’t able to do anything about it, I think it was a real oversight of the writers not to have Bo insist that Hale free Lauren.
- Annie: More important conversations happening on screen, like Bo and Kenzi discussing Dyson getting his love back.
Day 28: Favorite family members?
- Stephanie: Val — She should totally come back. I’d love to see Val again.
- Annie: Val — Even if Hale’s gone, I’d love for that character to show up again.
- Kris: Val — We need more Val!
Day 29: Favorite friendship?
- Stephanie: Bo and Kenzi — Their friendship is the core of the show, and I love to get to see it in action, whether it’s a funny, sad, or touching moment.
- Annie: Bo and Kenzi — The heart.
- Kris: Bo and Kenzi — ‘Nuff said.
Day 30: Favorite season finale?
- Annie: “Flesh and Blood” — I love the whole sequence of everyone fighting in the asylum, the Garuda’s defeat, and the mystery of seeing Super Bo in the very last shot.
- Stephanie: “Flesh and Blood” — I think each character gets a nice storyline in that finale, and I like that the entire group had to come together to face the Big Bad.
- Kris: “Flesh and Blood” — Everybody has a role to play in averting the apocalypse. I like that.
Day 31. Favorite Drinks at The Dal episode?
- Stephanie: Episode 9, Lost Girl Couple Names — I had so much fun recording that episode. Though we had been drinking, I think we were more punchy than drunk, and things became silly very quickly. I think that was when I thought it would be a good idea to add Kris as a host because the three of us had such a good time.
- Annie: Agreed. Episode 9 came up right away in my mind. I loved that we all could laugh and be so relentlessly silly. Twas the beginning of a friendship and much more silliness to come! I’m glad the listeners still like to hear our brand of crazy every week! Plus because of that episode, I had an excuse to wear a bolo tie, just to make Stephanie uncomfortable!
- Kris: Episode 9, with our interview with Emily Andras as a close runner-up — I had so much fun recording both of those. I laughed until I cried, and then I cry-laughed until my nose started running. And that’s more than you wanted to know. And getting to talk about one of your favorite shows with somebody who’d worked on it since the beginning isn’t something you normally get to do. So, thank you, Stephanie and Annie for letting me join the team!
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at email@example.com or use the contact form
- Tweet to @DrinksatTheDal