[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/drinksatthedal/DATD013.mp3″ artist=”Drinks at The Dal” ]
The Morrigan's hulking, soft-spoken henchman Bruce emerged as one of the more delightful surprises of season three. With our guest Kris (@krisgen), we discuss Bruce's small but revealing story arc and where we hope to see his story go in season four.
- In “Confaegion,” The Morrigan refers to him as Bruce, and he corrects her that his name is Steve. By “Those Who Wander,” he isn't correcting Kenzi when she calls him Bruce. Did he just give in to The Morrigan?
- Bruce is a great example of Lost Girl's tendency to make the audience second guess their assumptions about people. Even though he is introduced as The Morrigan's “muscle,” Bruce reveals himself to be a very sensitive, thinking man.
- The actor who plays Bruce, Rob Archer, seems to be a lot like his character, a very sweet, thoughtful man.
- He engages with fans on Twitter (@BigInkdArcher) and seems very grateful and humbled by people's appreciation of his character.
- Will we get to see the extent of Bruce's Fae powers? Will he kick some butt to help Kenzi?
- How long will Bruce stick around? Will he become a recurring character? Kenzi could sure use a buddy at the end of season three.
Fan Expo & Dragon*Con 2013 Announcements
Annie will be attending Fan Expo 2013 where the Lost Girl cast will be in attendance. She would love to meet other Lost Girl fans while she is there. Tweet her (@anniethemighty) if you know about an organized fan meetup.
Stephanie and Kris will be attending DragonCon 2013. Zoie Palmer, Kris Holden-Ried, K.C. Collins, and Paul Amos will be there signing autographs as well as doing Q&A panels. There will also be several Lost Girl fan events, including a fan panel, and Stephanie is very honored to have been asked to be a panelist on that fan panel. More details to come about the various Lost Girl events scheduled for DragonCon.
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Comment on the shownotes
- Send a voice message through your computer or mobile device
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at email@example.com or use the contact form