[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/drinksatthedal/DATD026.mp3″ title=”In Memoriam — Episode 26″ artist=”Drinks at The Dal” ]
When Kenzi and Dyson take on a case for a new client whose memory of her daughter has been erased, they soon realize that their memories have been tampered with as well. To find out what they've lost, they attend a gala of a rich man who owns a device that might restore their memories. Meanwhile, everyone is adjusting to the recent changes in local government with Vex ascending to the position of The Morrigan and a group of Fae called the Una Mens surfacing.
Drink Special: Mind Eraser
1 part Kahlua
1 part Vodka
2 parts Club soda, tonic water, or Sprite
Layer Kahlua, vodka, and club soda, tonic water, or Sprite over ice in an old-fashioned glass. Drink the entire drink all at once through a straw.
- Annie: WTF-ery awesome! (and general excitement) Such a strong cast!
- Kris: Two things: Oh! That's why Kris Holden-Ried was talking about George Takei in green tights! Oh! That's why Paul Amos kept talking about his codpiece!
- Stephanie: Such a fun episode, but not a great one for new viewers. Lots of fan-service! Is this indicative of a highly serialized season?
- Annie says it's a bold decision to take the show this direction. Stephanie points out that fans of the show really like the outside-the-box episodes, such as “Original Skin.”
- While we missed Bo (and Anna Silk), Ksenia Solo as Kenzi was an amazing fill-in lead. She really got to showcase (ha!) her range of talents.
Kenzi and Dyson
- Stephanie sent Kris this message while watching: “EW EW EW DYSON AND KENZI EW”
- Annie had a similar reaction until she realized that if Dyson was with Kenzi then that cleared the road to Doccubus.
- We have complicated feelings about Denzi. They're cute and have great chemistry, but there's an existing big brother/little sister dynamic.
- In a Bo-less world, Kris thinks Kenzi and Dyson could work. Also, she thinks Dyson might just be attracted to that robe (kidding! I'm kidding!)
. . . And Hale!
- Kenzi is . . . Dancing with the Fae. The dance scene was a hit with us!
- More triangles! There's always a triangle. Or possibly another shape of some sort.
- Stephanie likes that it was a fun triangle scene. (Maybe Lauren/Bo/Dyson should dance it out?!?)
Vex and THAT Outfit
- We're impressed with Paul's ability to walk in those heels. And the outfit in general. You go, Paul!
- Stephanie points out that Vex's “shirt” is like a leather version of what Leeloo (Dallas Multi-pass) wore in The Fifth Element.
- Then Annie keeps talking about The Codpiece. And the side-view.
- Stephanie's favorite line goes to Vex: “Since when do you like balls?”
- We get to see Hale and Vex use their powers again.
- Apparently, Vex's mesmer powers don't work on Dyson when he shifts. They mentioned it twice, but nothing came of it. (Yet!)
- Vex can't seem to stop making enemies.
- Annie likes the story about Evony dying on the toilet. Kris breaks out the nerd-knowledge about how one might die on the toilet, which it turns out Stephanie also has (any other X-Philes out there?).
- Threatening Trick! We think he'll probably keep himself safe through magical/mystical means.
- Giant knife in a handbag!
- Stephanie thinks Aife and Dyson both seemed more peaceful having forgotten Bo.
Drinks at The Dal co-host nerd-glee
- Pals at The Dal! (That's us!!!!)
- Stuffed unicorn! Possibly made of fiberglass.
- The waitress!
- Stephanie was impressed with the sets.
- Annie really likes the score.
- George Takei is delightfully creepy. That man has presence!
- Mia Kirshner was introduced and will obviously be back. Something about Clio is off.
What's up with the oozing box?
- Is Bo in there?
- What do those runes say?
- How did Kenzi know about it?
What's the deal with the Una Mens?
- How does everybody know when they're coming? Did Trick tell them?
- Will it coincide with Sweeps week?
- Will we find out when the characters provide exposition to Bo or one of the other characters absent or largely absent from this episode?
Who's responsible for the memory wipe?
- Are we to assume that the Wanderer is responsible for the memory wipe?
- Was the memory wipe what the rune glass did? Yes, Kris might be kind of fixated on the rune glass.
- Lauren's hair!!!?!! What is she wearing??? And why is she a waitress???
- Has Lauren pulled an Alias? Kris argues that Sydney Bristow never would have done this.
- Bo opened her eyes after Lauren said her name. No, that didn't specifically cause it, but the two scenes were deliberately placed back-to-back.
- Annie likes the particular shade of blue of Bo's eyes at the end of the episode. Really. Also, not enough Lauren.
Which is worse, Amber hair or Karen hair?
- Annie: Amber
- Stephanie: Karen
- Kris: Maybe a tie, but probably Karen
- We think it would have been great if Lauren had been sporting a Patsy Sewer from Instant Star look when she was on the run. (In case there was any doubt about our fan-cred, we make a lot of Instant Star references.)
- Kenzi defending Lauren! Like we always wanted! Christmas has come early! Thank you, Santa Andras!
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Comment on the shownotes
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form