All three of us attended Dragon Con 2014 where Ksenia Solo, Rick Howland, and Emmanuelle Vaugier were guests. Kevin Bachelder, longtime and enthusiastic Dragon Con attendee, joins us for a discussion of our Dragon Con 2014 experience, including attending the cast Q&A panels as well as the Lost Girl fan events. Kevin is part of the Tuning in to SciFi TV family of podcasts, which includes his Lost Girl podcast, The Fae Files.
While the panels weren’t as raucous as last year’s, they were still a ton of fun. Rick, Ksenia, and Emmanuelle were great guests. Even when the questions were a bit…odd, they managed to give interesting answers.
- Rick was hilarious. What a great sense of humor.
- Emmanuelle dressed up as Pinky Pie, which might top Paul Amos’s Zoie Palmer cosplay.
- Ksenia was lovely and thoughtful. She really did a great job interacting with the other cast members and drawing out their answers.
- Sadly, Zoie had to cancel. Annie had made a Dr. Lauren Lewis unicorn with a Light Fae necklace, stethoscope, and lad coat with syringes and vials on the inside.
- Annie asked them what they would take away from interacting with Lost Girl fans and got a little choked up. They were all very sweet about how much the fan response means to them.
- Kris thought it was interesting what Ksenia revealed about a deleted scene in “Original Skin.” Originally, a scene was scripted in which Dyson as Kenzi tries to seduce a guard to get into Lachlan's chambers, but the scene was cut before it was even shot. Ksenia was so disappointed that she never got to film that scene. (And so are we! It sounds priceless.)
- Inspired by Ksenia mentioning that cut scene, Stephanie asked if there were any other scenes or lines that they were sad didn't make it into the final episodes. Rick mentioned that all of his scenes were cut in a Season 4 episode due to time. He said the scenes were cut in “Lovers. Apart.” but Stephanie wonders if it might have actually been “Turn to Stone” since he is credited for that episode, but we don't see his face.
Interactions with the Cast
- Kevin had a great interaction with Ksenia. She walked over to a spot with good lighting to take a picture with him and when the first two photos turned out blurry, she took a selfie with him as well just to make sure he had a good photo.
- Rick noticed Annie's Papaya Horse button and true to form Annie couldn't remember Pyrippus's name to explain the joke to him.
- Both Rick and Ksenia mentioned that the producers know about the podcast, which was crazy flattering.
- Stephanie and Kris chatted with Rick for quite a bit about Trick's tattoo, since it was still on Rick's arm from shooting. Rick said he thought the tattoo was related to Trick being the Blood King, but he also speculated that it might represent Trick's union with Isabeau since it features two birds, as he described it, fighting over a piece of spaghetti.
- It was great the fan meetup was so well attended. And we got snacks this year!
- The hour went by so quickly, and we wish there had been more time for people to just chat.
- Stephanie wrote questions for a trivia contest at the meet-up. See how many questions you can answer!
- What name was Bo called growing up?
- Name two people from Dyson’s past that we've seen, excluding Trick and Hale.
- What clan does Hale’s family belong to?
- Who is Geraldine?
- What country was Lauren in when she first encountered the Fae?
- Tamsin collected what material from people in Bo’s life for the rune glass potion?
- What do the Light Fae name their leaders after?
- Name all the characters who have asked where Bo and Kenzi keep their toothpaste.
- Bo’s hometown has a festival centered around what fruit?
- What food is Kenzi allergic to?
What type of Fae worked in a strip club in a Season 2 episode?
We won't post the answers here so that people can quiz themselves, but feel free to email us for an answer if you're really stumped.
- There was some great Lost Girl cosplay at Dragon Con this year.
- We saw several Bos, Kenzis, and a couple of Tamsins this year and a Dr. Lauren.
- There was some good discussion of Season 4 at the fan panel. We talked about the new friendships formed in Season 4, our favorite Season 4 episodes, Lauren's long game, and more. You can listen to or watch the fan panel.
Great to meet people!
- It was so great to meet some listeners at Dragon Con, including Aaron, Angela, Rani, Sabrina, somewhataddicted, Jenah, and her son.
- While all the panels were a lot of fun, it was getting to hang out and meet folks that made Dragon Con great.
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at email@example.com or use the contact form
- Tweet to @DrinksatTheDal