We review the Lost Girl: The Game app and discuss the cool features and the drawbacks to the game, and we offer some tips if you've been having technical difficulties or if you don't own a supported mobile device. We also discuss the current lack of official Lost Girl merchandise, and what's on people's official merch wish lists.
Lost Girl: The Game app
Pros of the game:
- You can create your own Fae character and name it
- Very detailed graphics that mimic the production design
- It's addictive!
- You get notifications from Bo
- Features locations that have never been shown on the show (Kenzi really has a bedroom!)
Cons of the game:
- Initial bugs made the game load very slowly, though that has been fixed somewhat
- No online guide, can get confusing
- How do you use the friends function and recruit other Fae?
- Difficult to play on iPhones
- Not enough missions
- It's not truly a free game — you might spend some money to play it quickly
- You can choose your character's gender only to a certain extent — cannot be a female wolf, only a male wolf
- You don't play as the actual characters on the show
- Some of the likenesses of the characters are a little off (e.g. Dyson and Kenzi). Bo has red hair when you fight her in the game?
- People have experienced glitches with multiple characters
Having technical issues?
- Contact Lost Girl: The Game's support and they will try to help you fix technical problems you might be having. Sending them feedback will also help them know what to fix in later updates.
Don't have an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, or Android device?
- The Lost Girl Episode Recaps blog posted about a work around that lets you play the game on your PC using BlueStacks.
- We tried installing BlueStacks on both a Windows PC, which runs Windows 8, and a Macbook, which runs OS 10.6, but we couldn't get it to work on either system. But if you don't have a device that's currently supported and you really want to play the game, it might be worth a try.
@DrinksatTheDal PROS -its a fun game.......CONS -wish it was on the Kindle Fire as well 🙂— Crystal kom Trikru (@elyciaholic) June 6, 2013
@DrinksatTheDal the level cap has made me stop playing for now which is kind of a bummer. Can't complain too much about a free game tho.— Nic (@lonejaguar) June 6, 2013
@DrinksatTheDal k trying again... Really disappointed I still can't make the friend part work. wanna play w my besties!— Anne H (@anneroo) June 7, 2013
Annie's Merchandise Wish List
Light Fae Pendant
Other Merchandise Suggested by Listeners
- Action figures/Dolls
@DrinksatTheDal stickers, decals to personalize your items like computers, phone cases or on other personal things would be cool:)— Shaun Verma (@Shaun_Verma) June 6, 2013
@DrinksatTheDal The most basic of fandom requirements: t-shirts. A cast poster or something would be cool, too.— Kris 🤦🏻♀️ (@krisgen) June 5, 2013
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form
- Tweet to @DrinksatTheDal