Season 4's finale “Dark Horse” suggested that Bo's father was the Pyrippus, but in an early Season 5 episode he is called a new name. We talk about Bo's father's multiple identities as well as get deep into the mythology behind these figures.
A lot of people thought that Bo's father might be revealed to be Odin given some of the elements the writers included.
- The Wanderer
- Hugin and Munin
- Tamsin is a Valkyrie
The end of Season 4 introduced the idea of the Pyrippus, who was said or at least strongly implied to be Bo's father.
- Pyrripus doesn't seem to be a concept from actual Greek mythology, though the word does have Greek roots.
- The idea of the Pyrippus seems to have come from the drawing of a guy with the name/screen name of Aleister Lam.
In “Like Hell, Part 2,” Persephone tells Bo that her father is Hades, the ruler of the underworld in Greek mythology.
- Hades rides in a chariot drawn by four horses, which are supposedly the Pyrippi, though they are not called that name in poetry or art.
- Perhaps the Hades of Lost Girl can change forms into a horse and in that form uses the name Pyrippus?
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form
- Tweet to @DrinksatTheDal