Was Rainer really The Wanderer? Or is there another party we haven't seen yet? Many questions remain about The Wanderer storyline that weaves throughout Seasons 3 and 4. We try to puzzle out some of the inconsistencies and possibilities surrounding The Wanderer, Rainer, and Pyrippus with guest contributor The Uber Fan.
- The Wanderer cut off Acacia’s hand because Tamsin didn’t do as he asked.
- Tamsin feared The Wanderer, called him evil
- Tamsin sees Rainer’s picture and says that isn’t the man who hired her
- Lauren finds an entry about Rainer in a book that describes him as a beast.
- The Handmaiden seems afraid of him in “Sleeping Beauty School,” says that she can’t say who “he” is
- Flashbacks in “Of All the Gin Joints” suggest that Bo was being coerced? into something she didn’t want to do. Maybe marriage? We see her with a crown that she pushes away, and she sees the handprint on her in the mirror she says that she “can’t do this.”
- Flashbacks in “Waves” are very different
What about the Odin references?
- The Wanderer, ”he who wanders”
- Hugin & Munin (Hugin describes him as “he who wanders” and “father of many”)
- Tamsin and Acacia being Valkyries
Theories about The Wanderer
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at email@example.com or use the contact form
- Tweet to @DrinksatTheDal