With Helena in labor as they try to escape the clutches of Neolution, Art helps Helena take down Coady while Sarah faces off against John, making a last stand to free the clones once and for all.
Kris and Stephanie discuss the series finale of Orphan Black, “To Right the Wrongs of Many.”
Coady & John
- The episode didn't spend much time in the intense situation of Sarah and Helena running from John and Coady.
- They were dispatched quickly. And they DESERVED IT.
- A final Helena screech as she kills Coady. And then she spits at her.
- Sarah kills John up close and personal. And says she and her sisters survived him.
- These flashbacks were filmed a bit differently. They played out more impressionistic, and they were quite brief compared to the flashbacks we saw for Alison, Cosima, Rachel, and Helena, focusing mainly on just a couple of moments.
- The flashbacks felt more like Sarah's memories that she was having in the moment rather than glimpses of a character's past for the benefit of the audience.
- They offered a nice way for Mrs. S to be included in the finale.
Helena Giving Birth
- Stephanie doesn't usually care much for labor scenes, but the intercutting of Sarah and Helena in labor really got to her. As usual Orphan Black does a remarkable version of something done a bunch of times before.
- If Mrs. S couldn't be there, Art was a great alternative.
- Helena named her babies after Art and Donnie!
- The flashbacks helped bring the story “back to the beginning” with Sarah wanting to prove she can be a good mum to Kira.
- Stephanie worried Sarah might bolt a couple of times, other than the time she actually did. One of the flashback voiceovers included S telling Sarah that she needs to show her she can be still.
- Sarah finally has space to grieve losing S.
- Sarah and Helena had a NORMAL phone call for once.
- She gets some nice support from Clone Club, who confess their child-related shortcomings.
- “Where does this sand come from?”
- Sarah isn't not still at the end of the episode, but she's in motion with Kira and Felix and they have a home.
Alison & Donnie
- Alison genuinely seems to be trying to turn over a new leaf.
- She was more typical pushy Alison toward Sarah at the shower, but she apologized and didn't try to make excuses. (And was doing it out of genuine, well-meaning concern)
- She and Donnie seem happy pursuing more creative paths, and they're giving Helena parenting support.
Cosima & Delphine
- Science Girlfriends (and Scott) are back to the science. They're smooching and happy and working as partners. We'll take it.
- How are they affording all the travel to inoculate the Ledas? Was Delphine really good about putting money away when she worked for Dyad?
- What was Delphine going to say to Cosima at Felix's art opening??? They never got back to that!
- Delphine seemed to feel some guilt about Mrs. S's death.
- Delphine speaking French to the baby!!!
- She helps Clone Club again (by delivering the list of all 274 clones to Felix), but she says she wants no part of it. Though she does seem interested in their lives.
- Rachel wasn't defeated (because she redeemed herself enough not to be a clear cut villain?), but she doesn't get a happy ending either.
- “I have a glass eye, no friends, and I can't use my name unless I want to be found.”
- “This is Yusef. My Uber driver.”
- Helena opening gifts at her baby shower, just like the opening dream sequence of Season 3 (Cosima sadly wasn't wearing a Ukrainian folk costume)
- Science Monkey
- Donnie has a job involving concrete floors and made a final appearance in his underwear
- The baby shower felt like a revisit of the Season 3 family dinner. Their family is even bigger now!
- The backyard confessions scene didn't quite feel like a revisit, but it featured the same characters as the dance party.
- Literal stick figure mobiles for Helena's babies
- Charlotte lives with Art now???
- Gemma and Kira's reactions to Helena's “jamburger” were pretty great.
- Cosima and Delphine mention that Tony received an inoculation, but we're bummed that he didn't appear on the show again.
- Felix and Colin still seem to be together. Yay!
- The last shot of the series makes Kris cry.
- “House” by bensound
- “Dubstep” by bensound
- “Kept in a Unlocked Prison” by lukeing forward
- “Ossuary 4 – Animate” by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
- “Floating Cities” by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tweet to @TatianaIsEveryone
- Ask us a question on Tumblr