In Chapters 16 and 17 of My Youth Is Yours, Kara and Lena come into conflict when Jeremiah returns, and Lena has doubts about the fortunate circumstances of Jeremiah's rescue. Lena soon finds herself in CADMUS's cross hairs, and she decides to confront her mother with Alex. Kris and Stephanie talk about recent updates to this Supercorp fanfic by lynnearlington.
Read My Youth Is Yours on AO3 and follow lynnearlington on tumblr. Also, check out lynne's most recent Supercorp fanfic, Stay the Night. It's a basketball AU, but you don't have to care about basketball to enjoy it.
Chapter 16 (“Homecoming”)
Lena Establishing Relationships
- Sweet scene between Lena and Kara
- Fleshing out Lena actually having friends (plural!)
- Lana has a thing for the Supers and their jawlines and so do we. Is Lana teasing Lena about her relationship with Supergirl?
- Kara picking up a drunk Lena from the bar
- How does Lena being one of the people casting doubt on Jeremiah compare to the canon episode?
- Kris thinks Lynne kind of sped through the Jeremiah plot because there’s pretty much no way to make it actually make sense.
- Good for Lena, for learning from past mistakes and telling Kara her concerns about Jeremiah
- Though she still went behind Kara's back a little to protect her, but she really tried not to! Good effort, Luthor.
- Phone call after their fight felt very real.
- Lena goes to comfort Kara when Jeremiah betrays them and she's just there for her girlfriend.
- Superman saving Lena and Lex from angry terrorist types
- Kara tells Lena the 11 virtues, Kara scored high on truth
- Lena and Jack's first dinner with Lilian — We're really enjoying Lynne fleshing out Jack and Lena's relationship.
Chapter 17 (“Exodus”)
CADMUS Attack on the Alien Bar
- Lena steps in front of Winn because she will not cower to her mother's thugs!
- She and Kara are both upset about the attack, and they're soft and fragile with each other.
- Lena being particularly upset about this threat to her life because she knows that she has a lot to lose now — GAH, OUR HEARTS!!!
- Lena keeps her distress to herself a bit because she knows Kara is even more raw about it.
- They’re all self-sacrificing dopes and Kris loves them.
Lena Riding Shotgun to Alex's Bananapants Plan
- Thank goodness someone went with Alex!
- The hand on the spaceship windshield moments was expanded to include Lena, which is super sappy and we loved it.
- But poor Kara, right? She's already on edge because Lena's life has been threatened twice in a short amount of time, and then she has to fear that both her beloved sister and girlfriend will get thrown into space. SOMEONE HUG HER.
- Flashbacks interweave Lena even more into Kara mastering her abilities, which provides history for them in the spaceship scene
- Where's Lyra? She's not even mentioned yet. Is Lynne going to omit her?
- Lena asks Kara to teach her Kryptonian while she is building a battlebot in her dorm room — Stephanie is anxious to see Lena and Kara speaking Kryptonian to each other more in current the timeline.
- Lena finds the field so Kara can practice her powers
- Self-defense class
- “March of the Spoons” & “Sneaky Adventure” by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form