The brutal slashing of a woman's throat puts Wynonna and Dolls on the trail of a revenant who uses mirrors to stalk his victims. Wynonna also must face some difficult situations from her past as well as the present.
Additional Music: “Matt's Blues,” “Hustle,” & “Slow Burn” by Kevin MacLeod/Incompetech (CC BY 3.0)
- Kris: I liked this episode pretty well. We got more background on all of our main characters. The case for the week was good and creepy. It reminded me of Lost Girl Fae-of-the-week episodes.
- Stephanie: I liked this episode. I can appreciate a creepy-as-heck Boogeyman, even though I’m probably going to have a couple of nightmares. Thanks, WE. I think Dolls was softened as a character, and it was fun to see the group coalescing as a team. However, the Doc Holliday character isn’t clicking for me personally, so all his screentime felt disconnected to me.
- Annie: I really loved this episode! I feel this is the show really coalescing for me, where the team is working together to take down what was a pretty disturbing, spooky revenant of the week. Loved the Earp sisters emotional scenes and seeing a different side of Dolls. Also was fun seeing Doc backing Wynonna up.
- Waverly aired her frustrations about not being the heir, Wynonna totally understood, and it was great. The disgusting bubblegum sake scene was funny and touching. Great job, MS and DPC!
- Wynonna was hospitalized in her youth and then spent her adolescence in foster homes and juvie.
- Doc Holliday was suffering from tuberculosis, so he made a deal with the devil (or Stone Witch, probably) for eternal longevity. While he can be killed, he won’t die from poor health or old age.
- Dolls was doing Black Badge stuff in Kandahar. And knows how to set up a seance. Did we finally learn his first name? Is it Xavier?
- There were some especially gross revenants in this episode.
Things Made Us Happy
- “I'm gonna get you a map.”
- “Is Deputy Marshal Dolls laughing?” “I’ve never been so scared in my life.”
- “Management reserves the right to refuse service to jackasses. I’m management. You’re the jackass.” Gus is the best.
- Waverly knows Latin. She's officially the Willow of the group.
- Dolls and Wynonna figuring stuff out — “YES!” “I feel so smart right now!”
- “I was probably drunk.” “It was 8 A.M.” “I was definitely drunk.”
- Wynonna continues to talk back to condescending men/male authority types. “Just another dude telling me what I’ve done wrong.”
Questions We’re Pondering
- How could the barber have been one of the Seven who took Ward and Willa? He travels through mirrors here and seems to be confined to a limited area around the lake.
- Did Shorty leave his bar to Gus? (Emily Andras favorited the tweet asking the same.)
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at email@example.com or use the contact form