Wynonna helps a revenant find his lost love in exchange for a picture of the Seven, and she is forced to consider whether vengeance is an asset or a liability. Meanwhile, Dolls goes to a judge for a search warrant when they spot a large box being brought into Bobo's trailer park, but their search comes up empty.
Additional Music: “Pale Rider,” “Whiskey on the Mississippi,” & “Porch Blues” by Kevin MacLeod/Incompetech (CC BY 3.0)
- Kris: I liked the episode, but I’m also more disturbed by stuff in this episode than in any of the previous ones. Which I suppose is part of the point, since Wynonna decides that she needs to draw a line for herself. I have opinions about the floating camera. I like its use for dream sequences, but it always feels off when used at other times (which, admittedly, may be the point). I thought it was okay when they transitioned out of the dream sequence at the beginning of the episode, but its continued use perplexes me.
- Stephanie: While there were elements that I liked and appreciated, I did not really care for this episode as a whole. I felt like Wynonna and especially Waverly were missing for half of the episode. While I can appreciate the fact that they want to develop other characters, I wish they hadn’t excluded our main character(s) to do so.
- The storyline with Ambrose and Levi offered a different take on revenants. Ambrose wants to end the curse as much as the Earps do, and he offers Wynonna some encouragement that she will be the one to do so.
- Doc was stuck at the bottom of a well for many, many years. He pulled himself out when Wynonna dropped down a rope to recover Peacemaker.
- Wynonna finds out what Doc did to Levi. Poor Levi.
- Waverly confronts Bobo, who tells her that he chose to talk to her when she was young because he could see that she was mad.
- Bobo has powers. Did he crib them from the Stone Witch? He also apparently has a high tolerance for pain.
- The judge guy is one of the Seven. OK.
Things Made Us Happy
- Shirtless Dolls/Dolls in a tank top — THANK YOU.
- Wynonna being incredibly distracted by shirtless Dolls. “I brought you a shirt so put your coffee back on.”
- Waverly eating trail mix from a little baggie while she staked out the trailer park.
- Doc giving Ambrose a big hug through the window of the truck.
- Wynonna trying to ply the maintenance workers with her feminine wiles, realizing they were women, and sticking with Plan A.
- Dolls smiling at Wynonna when he catches her and Ambrose stealing boxes from the police station.
- Neat stunts! We enjoyed Waverly pulling out in front of Wynonna's truck as well as Wynonna kicking revenants from the hood of a car.
Questions We’re Pondering
- Why did Wynonna need to steal stuff from the police station? Could she have just asked for it?
- Why didn’t Wynonna run into Doc when she retrieved Peacemaker from the well?
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form