While Waverly follows clues in a letter from her Uncle Curtis, Wynonna pursues one of the Seven. Doc breaks ties with Bobo and approaches Dolls about a deal to locate the Stone Witch, but Dolls is preoccupied with his own problems.
Additional Music: “Fretless” & “Cantina Blues” by Kevin MacLeod/Incompetech (CC BY 3.0)
- Kris: I liked it a lot! I like the new character of the blacksmith. I like that Wynonna’s significant other in this episode is a motorcycle. I like that they’re introducing new story for Dolls. I like that there were meat puns. I like that Waverly has a newfound sense of purpose (and finally dumped Champ).
- Annie: I liked it. Let’s just say that with Wynonna, Waverly, Officer Haught and now the Blacksmith, Purgatory has no shortage of awesome, attractive women! I’m really interested to see what’s going on with Dolls – what is he exactly? And I love Waverly using her brain power and becoming the Keeper of Bones – what dangerous path will that lead her down?
- Stephanie: I liked this episode quite a bit. I’m excited by the new storyline for Waverly, and I thought the introduction of the Blacksmith was great. (It’s Rachael Ancheril, who played Cruz on Rookie Blue! Yay!) I liked the gender swap of putting the male partner in peril, and I’m continuing to enjoy the evolving dynamic between Wynonna and Dolls. I’m also glad to (FINALLY!) see some meaty (heh) backstory for Dolls.
- Dolls appeared to be sick, but it turned out to be withdrawal(?)! “Whatever you did to get cut off, undo it.”
- Whatever it was, it was a good thing, because it saved him from being eaten by this week’s cannibal revenant.
- Waverly gets a cryptic note from Uncle Curtis, which leads her to a skull with another note declaring her “Keeper of the Bones.”
- Dolls and Doc make a deal because Doc is on a quest for Clootie.
Things Made Us Happy
- Dolls and Wynonna training, with hilarious criticism from Dolls: “No.”
- Waverly dumped Champ.
Questions We’re Pondering
- What’s up with Dolls? What did he inject himself with? Who cut him off? Why?
- WHAT DOES THE EYE THING MEAN????
- What’s up with Waverly’s skull (which belongs to the Stone Witch’s son)?
- Why did Doc ask Wynonna to set up a meeting with Dolls when they’d already met?
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form