Annie and Kris discuss the first five episodes of Season 2 of Wynonna Earp. Annie loved the WayHaught, of course, and they both enjoyed the Waverly and Wynonna interactions. However, they aren't sure how to feel about Waverly's demon possession or the big reveal about Wynonna in 2×05.
Things That Made Us Happy
- WayHaught! Even though they've had some bumps, Annie likes that they are growing in their relationship, and she thinks that they provide good LGBTQ representation.
- Nicole getting a fuller characterization: We both thought that Nedley telling her that he wants her to be sheriff was a terrific scene.
- Waverly & Wynonna: Their interactions and the relationship continue to be a real strong point of the show. We wish there was even more of them, but we assume the writers were keeping them apart a bit to fuel the Waverly storyline.
- Wynonna & Melanie Scrofano: she nails the humor and the drama, and she can go from one to the other in the space of only a few moments.
- Jeremy is adorable. And maybe another LGBT character?
- Rosita is intriguing. How does she know Doc?
- Dolls is a dragon!
- Rachel Skarsten got snarky with Melanie Scrofano, and Annie wanted more!
Things Made Us Fencesitters
- This season has felt more gross.
- We weren't thrilled how Lucado was killed off.
- The demon possession storyline throws a lot of the interaction between Nicole and Waverly into question. When was the demon controlling Waverly and what were Waverly's own actions?
- This season has felt very fanservice-y to Kris, but Annie is into it.
- A lot of what was important in the first season has been dropped or changed, and we're not sure how we feel about it.
- The tone has been on the darker side for Kris. She always liked the levity and fun the best.
- Wynonna is pregnant because Melanie Scrofano is pregnant. We're willing to give a pregnancy storyline a chance, but please no mystical pregnancy!
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at email@example.com or use the contact form