Annie and Kris discuss episodes 2×06 through 2×09 of Wynonna Earp. The relationships continue to be a highlight for Annie, especially Wynonna and Waverly as well as Waverly and Nicole. However, the burgeoning friendships between Wynonna and Nicole and between Jeremy, Doc, and Dolls also have been fun to watch. Rosita and Robert Svane have shown a refreshing and different side to the Revenants.
- Annie The more this season progresses, the better it gets. I’m loving all the snarky jokes Wynonna has about being pregnant, but under it is a real fear of where her baby comes from and if she’s emotionally ready to be a mother. While I’m not too keen on the storyline with the Widows, I am interested to see what literal hell breaks loose once the seals are broken. I love how the revenants are portrayed as the big bad for a season and a half, and now we’re getting a more sympathetic perspective on them through Robert Svane and Rosita. The relationships continue to be the heart of the show — even under the background of supernatural demon stuff, the scenes with Wynonna/Waverly and WayHaught are always the absolute highlights for me.
- Kris: DISCLAIMER: I am a much more casual viewer of Wynonna Earp than Annie. I like the show, but don't love it. I thought this was a decent batch of episodes. The ongoing stories are getting pretty interesting, but I question some of the individual episode choices. (What was the deal with the doll revenant in the most recent episode?? That felt a little unnecessary.)
- Purgatory takes a nap for a month and Wynonna’s pregnancy advances to where she’s sporting a belly.
- Wynonna slept with a revenant during 1×09!!
- Lots of awkward UST between Dolls, Wynonna, and Doc
- The Widows are two of the three wives of Sheriff Clootie, who Wyatt Earp cursed. Juan Carlo, Bobo and Constance Clootie hid three seals – if they are all found, they will release Sheriff Clootie, who is the first revenant. Doc’s ring is the third seal, which is tied to his immortality.
- Wynonna dies for 77 seconds, which results in Bobo coming back!
- Waverly gets her DNA results which seem to confirm she’s not an Earp. She believes she’s half revenant.
- Tucker continues to be the absolute worst! Thank god he’s gone!
- There are a lot of “accidental” revenants! Robert Svane and Rosita, just to name a few. Wyatt didn’t seem to be the best shot!
Things Made Us Happy
- Wynonna insisting she can continue to do her demon hunting job while she is pregnant.
- The scene with Waverly comforting a sobbing Wynonna at the end of 2×06 is everything! Also, Doc’s note saying “I am all in.”
- Waverly confirming to Nicole that she was herself and not Gooverly during their time together.
- Drunk Nicole is my new OTP!
- “Here’s to single motherhood.” “You’re a superhero.” “Same damn thing.” “Wynonna, this baby, what is it?” “Ours.”
- The bromance trio of Doc/Dolls/Jeremy and the friendships between Wynonna/Nicole and Waverly/Rosita.
- Wynonna and Waverly sparring at the beginning of 2×09. Wynonna literally is a bad ass mother!
Questions We’re Pondering
- What’s going to happen to Nicole??! Will she survive the attack from Widow Mercedes? (Although Annie firmly believes WayHaught will smooth over the bumps in their relationship and they’ll be fine.)
- Do Widow Beth and Widow Mercedes have different agendas?
- How will the return of Bobo affect things? Will he be the same Bobo from Season One or will he still have some of Robert Svane in him?
- How will Wynonna stop the curse if Doc and Waverly are protecting Rosita? And if Waverly really is half revenant?
- Wynonna still hasn’t let Waverly know she’s found the third seal. A lot of secrets are being kept. What consequences will that have?
- “Bonobo Shuffle” by texasradiofish
- “Pale Rider” by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
- “Whiskey on the Mississippi” by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form