The poster girl for Victory Munitions, Betty McRae is a hard worker and a loyal friend. We discuss her role at VicMu, the secrets that define her life, and her heroic nature.
Drink Special: Gin Fizz
3 parts gin
2 parts fresh lemon juice
1 part soda
The Reliable Worker
- Lorna: “You’ll cover quality control until replacements can be trained. I can count on you?” Betty: “Always.”
- Poster girl for VicMu
- Chosen to give a speech when the Earl of Athlone (born Prince Alexander of Teck, which was why Stephanie thought he was a prince) visits
- Chosen for propaganda film
- Work ethic leads to some conflict – Kate in the pilot & Reggie in season 2
- Lorna: “You’re strong. You’re capable. Just be yourself – that’s what a good leader does.”
- Relationship with Kate
- Relationship with Teresa
- Does she sleep with Teresa just because she’s the first lesbian she encountered? Kind of sounds like it from their conversation “afterward”
- First relationship, Betty doesn’t want to hide but Teresa knows the stakes are high
- Will we ever see Teresa again?
- Confrontation with German POW
- “You’re safe here now.”
- “Not trying to be a hero. I’m trying to live my life.” – But there’s something inherently heroic in that, given the time and circumstances.
Share your feedback or ask questions
Connect with The Bomb Girls Beacon