Trying to learn all they can about the green goo from Arkyn, Dutch and the team try to barter with a collector for his sample of the goo. The deal turns sour when the man they're bartering with decides that he would much rather have D'avin and Johnny as part of his collection.
- Kris: I enjoyed this episode! Lots of genre tropes combined in an entertaining way. (But I am grumpy about Sabine. I want them to fix it next episode, but I know better than to get my hopes up about it.) We got some good backstory for both Dutch and the plasma. And there’s singing!
- Stephanie: Overall, I enjoyed this episode. I thought the plotline with D’avin, Johnny, and Lucy (yay Lucy!) working together against the gynoids was a lot of fun and really encapsulated what drew me to the series in Season 1. The scenes with Dutch and Romwell were more hit or miss for me, though I thought that Hannah John-Kamen had some great moments. Yay for everybody getting some, even Lucy, but boo for that ending scene with D’avin and Sabine! That was very upsetting. I hope that’s not the last we see of Sabine.
- D’avin has some goo powers, including mind-melding with Mossy the mossipede, leading them to seek information about the green goo. He feels pretty good about himself when he uses them to create a grenade from goo and a power crystal.
- When Romwell tries to keep all of them as part of his collection, a darker side of Dutch comes out. She doesn’t want to kill people, but people who try to control her are apparently her only trigger.
- Johnny hacks into a gynoid’s programming, which allows Lucy to have a humanoid form and finally smooch Johnny.
- Dutch is longing for D’avin a bit when she sees him hitting it off with Sabine, but she encourages him to pursue her and finds some happiness with Hunky Monk.
- Dutch and Alvis: cue the sex music
- Kris was right again! The scarback’s cutting may have originated from their desire to demonstrate that they were not infected by the green goo.
- Confirmation that nanites have similar effects to the green goo
- The Black Root (or whoever) has been around for 400+ years
Things Made Us Happy
- “I sense a reluctance yet a desire to be the center of attention.”
- MANIC PIXIE ASSASSIN
- “Lucy, are you making sparks?” “Aren’t I supposed to?”
- “I’m a wizard.” (D’avin is a nerd, and it makes Kris happy.)
- Romwell says that he’s never met anyone like Dutch, which is something she probably needed to hear after all the Double Dutch talk.
- “Stop talking. Be naked.”
- Johnny gets so excited about the asteroid ship that he snorted.
- WHY DID THAT HAPPEN TO SABINE??? Did D’avin infect her? Please don’t fridge her, Lovretta!
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tweet to @KilljoysPodcast
- Ask us a question on Tumblr