Khlyen reveals the origin of Aneela as well as her desire to use the green plasma on Arkyn. Dutch and the team must find a tree that Aneela took from Arkyn in order to stop her from enslaving the people of the Quad.
- Annie: I liked this episode. It had a lot of really good emotional moments for me, including great Johnny and Dutch stuff and Khlyen’s death scene. I loved all the humor with Lucy, and the dogfight scene was an awesome special effects display. It was great to see Rick Howland and Stephanie Leonidas in their guest roles. I’m really looking forward to the trouble Dutch will stir up in the next season.
- Stephanie: I liked this episode pretty well, though it didn’t feel very season finale-ish. It was heavy on the exposition for me, but I thought Johnny’s arc was well done and D’avin paired with Fancy was a lot of fun. I was super excited to see Rick Howland from Lost Girl as a guest star and to see Stephanie Leonidas return as Clara.
- Kris: I liked the episode, but it wasn't terribly satisfying to me as a season finale. That said, I liked a lot of the beats of this episode. I’m glad that Dutch got a little bit of closure about Khlyen, and there were Dutch and Johnny hugs, so I’m good.
- Khlyen reveals himself to be ultimately fiercely protective of Dutch, whom he sees as a second chance to protect his daughter. Stephanie is sad to see Khlyen go. He was an interesting figure, though perhaps his expiration date had come since he had been neutralized as a threatening figure and couldn’t be killed by usual means? He sacrificed himself to protect Dutch, which fits with what we have seen him do before.
- Dutch remains conflicted about Khlyen. Though she seems to have a kinder understanding of how he raised her, she tells him that he prepared her for everything except to be free. Johnny tells Dutch that it’s OK to miss Khlyen and even to love Khlyen even though she might still hate him, and it’s great and those two are the best.
- The confrontation between Johnny and Delle Seyah was very Johnny — quiet and calculated. But Johnny, Johnny, Johnny. Did you learn nothing from the whole Old Town thing? Tell Dutch and D’avin when you’re going to do dangerous stuff! Sigh. But at least he has Clara as a wing(wo)man.
- D’avin had less to do in this episode, but he demonstrated that he is gaining control of his anti-green goo ability when he was funny-choking Fancy. Again, he was a lot of fun in Killjoy mode, and he and Fancy made a lively pair.
Things Made Us Happy
- D’avin using Fancy Lee as a human shield
- Johnny/Dutch hugs!
- The dogfight between Johnny/Lucy and the Black Root ships – Top Gun quotes!
- Johnny saying goodbye to Lucy
- “You need a wingman. And she has a gun arm.”
- “You were making a joke, John. You’re funny.”
- Exchange between Khlyen and Serafan about the pointlessness of Khlyen trying to kill him
- Was Aneela drinking plasma or algae beer? (It was plasma.)
- We still don’t know why Dutch looks like Aneela. Child? Clone? Coincidence? (Probably not a coincidence.)
- What was with Delle Seyah’s smile after Johnny shoots her?
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at email@example.com
- Tweet to @KilljoysPodcast
- Ask us a question on Tumblr