Other killjoys try to arrest Johnny on a warrant for killing Delle Seyah. Pree offers to take Dutch and Johnny to his old stomping grounds from his former life as a warlord, where Johnny could find shelter and Dutch might find recruits for their war against the Hullen. Meanwhile, D'avin tracks down Delle Seyah with Zeph's help, using his unique connection to the Hullen plasma to discern Delle Seyah's location and to get a peek at Aneela.
Kris and Annie discuss episode 3×04 of Killjoys, “The Lion, The Witch & The Warlord.”
- Annie: I loved this episode! I’d been looking forward to an episode centering on Pree, and it did not disappoint! So much humor and at the same time great character moments, particularly with Johnny and Dutch. I’m hoping Lachlan and the Fehren return, especially to see more sexually charged snark between Lachlan and Pree. And why can Aneela see D’avin? Again, the conflict between Aneela and the team is ramping up the tension in an intriguing, compelling way.
- Kris: I really liked this episode! Anytime we get to learn more about our beloved characters is a good time to me! Zeph and D’av are proving to be quite the comedic duo. Dutch and Johnny had a much needed heart-to-heart. Plus, we finally get payoff on the information that Pree was a warlord!!!
- Stephanie: I thought this episode was a whole lot of fun. I'm so pleased that they followed up on the glimpse we saw of Pree's past in season two. I thought the confrontation between Dutch and Johnny was great. Even though I think we understand why Dutch is protective of him, I liked that Dutch listens to Johnny and seems willing to adjust her protectiveness of him.
- Johnny becomes a Level Five!
- A Black Warrant has been placed on Johnny for killing Delle Seyah
- Pree’s warlord past becomes a useful plot point (as we knew it would!) Formerly known as Verick, he was the leader of the Fehren.
- Pree takes Johnny and Dutch to seek sanctuary on Ohron, home of the Fehren (soldiers who leave armies that are fighting unjust wars)
- D’avin finds evidence that Delle Seyah survived Johnny shooting her
- The Fehren pit Dutch and Johnny against each other in three competitions, which is really just an excuse for them to reveal truths to one another.
- “I was going to come back!” “I didn’t want you to!”
- D’avin uses his control over the goo to find out where Delle Seyah is. Aneela is able to see him, like Khlyen was.
- Aneela is teaching Delle Seyah “the green”.
- Gander referring to “the commander’s affections” for Aneela. So Aneela does have feelings for Delle Seyah?
Things Made Us Happy
- The five shots and Dutch’s slaps and kiss on the cheek
- The warlord greeting! A kiss, drawing weapons, then shooting each other. “You haven’t changed you raging meat stick.”
- “It’s never just beer and fritters.”
- The Thunderdome like set and the strappy costume thing-y.
- Pree and all his relationships! Pree and Gared and his ex Lachlan
- “What is up with you? I’ve been sensing this hot whiff of bitchery from you all day.”
- “Your hair’s too big for your face, you leave knives everywhere, and your pottery’s terrible.”
- Dutch and Johnny continuing to talk, while helping each other escape. “Brat. You love it.”
- “Do you want me to get high and sniff her panties?” “Do you have some?”
- “I had to put out. A lot.”
- “Powerful. Possibly bonkers.”
- What is that inside the Remnant? Is it organic?
- Why did Zeph close it back up? Will she be keeping it secret from Team Awesome Force?
- Even Aneela doesn’t know what Khlyen did to D’avin? When will we find out what that is?
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tweet to @KilljoysPodcast
- Ask us a question on Tumblr