Dutch and the Jaqobis brothers need to steal equipment from a mining operation to help them in their war against the Hullen, and cross paths with an old foe along the way. Meanwhile, Aneela continues her search for Delle Seyah by torturing Gander.
Annie, Stephanie, and Kris discuss episode 3×08 of Killjoys, “Heist, Heist, Baby.”
- Kris: I liked this episode a lot! It’s a good, fun followup to last week’s brain-exploder. I appreciate that there’s a focus on Dutch coming to terms with the revelations of last episode. I’m really glad that we got back to the Green Queens and Aneela’s quest for Kendry/vengeance. They’re so sweet with each other and I feel weird about liking them so much. I like that they brought Borna back, though the sight of Jelco makes me want to punch him in the face. Also, I love the Jaqobis brothers teasing each other and being goofballs. Also also, “closest to my heart” (!) I cry.
- Annie: I really enjoyed this episode! It hit all the right beats of having a classic Killjoys adventure, while having some really poignant moments with Dutch and D’avin. It’s really interesting to learn more about The Lady and to see Aneela take control of the ship and her autonomy into her own hands. Although I was disappointed since there was ample opportunity for kissing with the Green Queens and it didn’t materialize. The moments of humor in this ep, such as Dutch and Johnny trying to hit on the guy at the bar, was a welcome diversion for me. Because now I’m just really worried that Dutch will meet her demise when she tries to kill Aneela. Or that Johnny will try to stop her and get caught in the crossfire.
- Stephanie: I liked this episode pretty well. I was happy to get some follow-up on the Green Queens. Even though I felt deprived of smoochies, they are oddly sweet together. And we got clarification about who The Lady is, as well as how memories enter the green. I was happy to see Borna again, though I didn't really care about seeing Jelco. He was a terrible person, and I happily wrote him off as gone and maybe even dead in Season 2. But I thought the emotional scenes with Dutch accepting her likely fate if she killed Aneela were great, and the Jaqobis also got some good scenes together, both goofy and serious.
Thoughts & Questions
- Can we assume that Khlyen removed his memories of Dutch's origins as well? After 3×07, Stephanie thought Khlyen was lying when he said he didn't know why Dutch and Aneela looked alike, but we have seen Khlyen connect to the green. If he didn't remove his own memories, the Lady would know about Dutch and what Aneela did.
- Could Aneela's memories be restored to her? Or shown to her? Even if she weren't trying to kill Dutch anymore, would she still be an enemy? Or could they work together to take on The Lady, if she is indeed the Biggest Bad?
- Delle Seyah's reaction to her impregnation seemed surprisingly calm. She did take revenge against Gandor for taking away her choice in the matter, but after her realization of what happened, she seemed quite accepting. Is there more reaction to come? Or maybe more information about her reaction?
- We still don't know what exactly Delle Seyah is pregnant with, and how will it help Aneela kill Dutch and The Lady?
- What was the narrative point of bringing back Jelco and his talk with D'avin? Should we assume their talk encouraged D'avin to accept Dutch's decision at the end of the episode? (Because Stephanie kinda thinks D'avin would have done that anyway.)
- Dutch seems to accept her origins and fate, but everyone around her is taking it way worse than she is.
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at email@example.com
- Tweet to @KilljoysPodcast
- Ask us a question on Tumblr