Johnny figures out a way to reverse the neural link so that Dutch can track Khlyen, and she realizes that he has been closer to her than she realized all along. Meanwhile, D'avin is trying to make it as a solo killjoy, and Alvis approaches him to join his cause.
- Annie: A great episode that had a lot of tension! It was great to see Dutch put her plan into action to kill Khlyen. But I loved that everything didn’t go according to plan and that the plot still has so many twisty, turny surprises! Loved the conversation between Dutch and Johnny, the fight scenes and Dutch sacrificing herself to have Johnny and D’avin escape.
- Kris: What a great episode! Episode 7 was D’avin, episode 8 was Johnny, and this is Dutch. And it didn’t disappoint. There were a lot of good reveals that put the events of the season in a slightly different light.
- Stephanie: Intense episode! It had great fight scenes, quiet relationship moments, surprise reveals, a whole bunch of good stuff! And I thought we got great performances from everyone.
- D’avin is trying to work alone, and he found a room with Pree.
- Alvis is trying to involve D’avin in his resistance efforts, but D’avin says that he is done fighting other people’s battles. He agrees to stay quiet about the weapons Alvis has.
- A rumor is spreading that the Nine are going to renege on their agreement to let Westerlyns immigrate to Leith.
- Khlyen is part of the RAC, and he trained Dutch to be a killjoy.
- Calling back to “A Glitch in the System,” Dutch has been marked for Red 17.
- Khlyen says that he is one of the mythical Level 6 killjoys — are they nanite-infused killjoys? That would explain why he could walk away from several stab wounds to the gut.
- Dutch was Yalena of the family Yardeen, a “shameful name”
- Dutch was wearing a bloody wedding dress when she met Johnny. She mentioned being a widow in “Kiss Kiss, Bye Bye” — was her husband killed at their wedding?
Stuff that Made Us Happy
- D’avin fighting that big guy — It was hilarious when D'avin got tired of punching him and got slammed to the ground.
- D’avin trying to clean up his room for Dutch — even though that scene was super awkward (made even awkwarder by the sex in the next room), Hannah John-Kamen and Luke Macfarlane were great in that scene. It felt like we were seeing a different side of D’avin.
- Johnny and Dutch sparring — “I’m cool. Much cooler than you, but that’s nothing new.” “I’ve got something I’ve been sittin’ on.” “Your ass?”
- Khlyen’s brain waves are “extra dickish, I bet.”
- “You’re a creepy little dude.” “Thank you.”
- That lovely scene between Johnny and Dutch in the ramble-lama-ding-dong — Johnny is kind and supportive and we get a glimpse into what their relationship is really built upon.
- “For better or worse, [Khlyen] made me who I am.” “Bullshit.”
- “My crotch remembers.”
- Arkyn was the first moon the company tried terraforming — “Didn’t do great.”
- “Me-ow.” Kris now wants to know if the writers are tempted to (or do) write things in the scripts just so they can hear Hannah John-Kamen say them.
- Dutch tells D'avin that he doesn't need to fight her battles for her, and D'avin replies that he knows that but he still wants to.
- Khlyen mentions Dutch’s father. DID Dutch’s father send him? Is Khlyen her father?
- What is Red 17???
- Why was Dutch chosen?
- What’s the distinction of a Level Six?
- What’s this Leith Bazaar massacre that Hills arrested Alvis for? And is Bellus okay?!?!?!
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at email@example.com
- Tweet to @KilljoysPodcast
- Ask us a question on Tumblr