[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/drinksatthedal/DATD006.mp3″ artist=”Drinks at The Dal” ]
First, we hope our Canadian listeners had a happy Canada Day yesterday, and we wish an early Happy Fourth of July to our listeners in the U.S.
Due to some scheduling conflicts, Stephanie and Annie were not able to record as usual. Instead of leaving you empty handed, we thought we would share a little piece of our conversation with Melanie Killingsworth (@mehlsbells) that didn't really fit into either episode four or five.
Stray Thoughts about Sexuality
- The portrayal of Trick's sexuality is very refreshing. His sexuality isn't limited by his societal difference or his age. Often older characters aren't shown as engaging in sex, or their relationships are portrayed as very sweet or for comic relief.
- The reference to Trick and Stella playing with bondage was good to see because prior to that mention, BDSM was only associated with Vex and The Morrigan, who are villainous characters.
- Why no mention of birth control? There have been a few references to STDs, but no mention of birth control or barriers like condoms.
Announcing New “Half Pint” Episodes
We want to continue releasing new content every Tuesday, but the longer episodes we have been producing require a lot of time, both in preparation and editing, and Stephanie's schedule is getting busier. To keep putting out new episodes every week, we are planning to start alternating longer episodes with shorter ones like this one. The shorter episodes might be bits of “off-topic” conversation from the recording of our longer episodes or brief discussions of less expansive topics.
Do you have an idea of a smaller topic we might discuss? As always, we would love to include and respond to your comments about Lost Girl or about the podcast. You can send us that feedback using the methods listed below.
Subscribe to Drinks at The Dal
Subscribe to Drink at The Dal so that you'll never miss an episode! It's free! You can subscribe through the following methods:
Calling Kenzi, Hale, and Vex Lovers
We are still looking for contributors to our series of episodes focusing on each of the main characters. Specifically, we're looking for people who love Dyson, Kenzi, Hale, and Vex & The Morrigan, as well as a Bo/Dyson and a Bo/Lauren shipper. If you are interested in being a contributor, tell us what character or couple you would like to discuss and why by:
- Sending us a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad (Message must be a minute and a half or shorter)
- Calling (972) 514-7223 and leaving a message (Must be shorter than 3 minutes)
Don't forget to include your Twitter name, email address, or some other way to contact you. Some things you can discuss in your message include what you find interesting about the character/couple, what storylines you have really appreciated, and how you would like to see the character/couple develop in future seasons.
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Comment on the shownotes
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at email@example.com or use the contact form