In this leftover bit of our conversation with Melanie Killingsworth (@mehlsbells) about how sexuality is portrayed on Lost Girl, we discuss the portrayal of Trick's sexuality as well as the lack of references to birth control on the show. Listen to part one and part two of our discussion.
Stray Thoughts about Sexuality
- The portrayal of Trick's sexuality is very refreshing. His sexuality isn't limited by his societal difference or his age. Often older characters aren't shown as engaging in sex, or their relationships are portrayed as very sweet or for comic relief.
- The reference to Trick and Stella playing with bondage was good to see because prior to that mention, BDSM was only associated with Vex and The Morrigan, who are villainous characters.
- Why no mention of birth control? There have been a few references to STDs, but no mention of birth control or barriers like condoms.
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at email@example.com or use the contact form
- Tweet to @DrinksatTheDal