Kris & Stephanie discuss the GoldenClones, the Tatianapocalypse, fandom, and Orphan Black’s use of social media. For the uninitiated, we also try to explain what those things are and why they’re amazing.
Fandom's Golden Globes Social Media Blitz
- While it’s disappointing that Tatiana Maslany didn’t win the Golden Globe, she’ll certainly have more chances in the future.
- The Orphan Black social media team encouraged fans to post messages of support for Tatiana Maslany and tag them with #GoldenClones.
- #tatianapocalypse was a thing that happened. It was awesome. For those who don’t know, it was a fandom undertaking involving changing their tumblr names to tatianamaslany[# of their choice] and avatars to pictures of Tatiana Maslany. On Twitter, people changed their profile pictures to TMas and their names to “Good luck, Tatiana.”
- We’ve never seen anything quite like it.
- The fandom support demonstrated in the tatianapocalypse is totally better than a Golden Globe.
The Orphan Black Social Media Team
- Very active on Twitter, tumblr, and Facebook
- Speaks the fandom language. Did they have experience in fandoms before? Because they sure do now!
- Does a great job of acting as a bridge between those who create the show and those who watch it. Thanks for being awesome, orphanblack!
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tweet to @TatianaIsEveryone
- Ask us a question on Tumblr