Half of the fan-favorite couple Cophine, Delphine Cormier is introduced as a grad student studying immunology but is quickly revealed to be Cosima’s monitor, employed by Dyad. Kris, Stephanie, and guest contributor Caitrin talk about Delphine’s storylines in the first two seasons, her relationship with Cosima, and the issue of trust.
- We’ve talked about Delphine previously in the context of her being a monitor.
- While her storyline was colored by her monitor status in season 2, she became a better-rounded character. She got scenes with other clones, and we see more of her professional life.
- But her storyline is still very much tied up in her relationship with Cosima. Will we see more of Delphine outside of that relationship in Season 3?
- Even at the end of the Season 1, Stephanie wasn’t sure if I could trust her, but she thought they started out Season 2 with a very strong statement of “She is on Cosima’s side,” even if she might do things behind Cosima’s back.
- Like the clones, she becomes a pawn in Dyad’s game. (Perhaps she was one from the beginning, but more blatantly so in Season 2.) She seems to lose her naivete or at least her complacency about the morality of the project.
On Delphine the puppy: Unfortunately, I lost interest in her in season 2. I felt like she was mostly there to be cute with Cosima, and while they were incredibly cute, I wanted something more from her. I hope we can know her a little bit better outside of who she is with Cosima.
Role in Dyad
- We know Delphine is an immunologist. Do we think she might’ve been working on curing the clone disease before we meet her?
Relationship with Leekie
- What exactly was going on with them?
Relationship with Cosima
- Do you think that Dyad/Leekie sent her to Cosima thinking that they would have a romantic relationship?
- I was surprised that they were open with their relationship to Dyad from the beginning.
- Relationship tied up with Cosima’s diagnosis in Season 2
- Question of them as equals in the relationship
Every fight, Delphine has folded under Cosima’s glare and demands. A relationship to work needs to have equals. Delphine needs to say, “I’m with you. And I’m WITH you. As such, you must stop treating me like the enemy.”
- It seems like the people who don’t like Delphine mostly don’t like her because they question where her loyalties lie.
- The show deliberately set it up that way.
- Kris thinks the show played with the loyalty issue in the second season, but she also thinks the second season finale settled any questions about loyalty.
Thoughts about the future
- No, we don’t think she’s dead.
- Yes, we think she’ll be in season 3.
I like Delphine but at first I was worried she didn’t love Cosima when she spybanged her to get information for Leekie. When she later followed Cosima to Canada, I knew she really loved her.
Because she is from France I think maybe she knows more about the remaining European clones ?
There are some theories floating around that Delphine died offscreen at the end of season 2, but I’m sure we will see more of her in the third season.
I really, really like Delphine. She’s my favorite monitor. She’s smart, gorgeous, and is great with and for Cosima. She works for the Dyad, but I believe she does love Cosima and will do anything to help her. I do wish the writers would give her more to do. Evelyne is such a good actress that she absolutely can do more. […] Delphine should come back from Frankfurt with her own Science team and take over Dyad. I want badass Delphine for Season 3!
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tweet to @TatianaIsEveryone
- Ask us a question on Tumblr