Donnie gets much more of a storyline in the second season of Orphan Black than he had in the first. Kris and Stephanie talk about Donnie, Alison, monitoring, and the bond that comes with knowing where the body is buried.
Donnie as Monitor
- Not surprisingly, Donnie being Alison’s monitor was the driving force of Alison’s storyline in Season 2.
- Some folks are critical of the fact that Donnie seemed like a much more skilled, sly monitor in Season 1 and like Inspector Clouseau in Season 2.
- From Aaron: “Season one Donnie was talked about being more smart it seemed than season two Donnie so I’m wondering your thoughts on the two seasons of monitoring by Donnie. Did you like the shift or did you find it a bit out of character from his season one style?”
- Seriously though, what DID he burn in that field in Season 1?
- Donnie confesses how he was recruited
- What implications does his confession have on what we see of his and Alison’s relationship in the first season?
Alison in Rehab
- I found it interesting that Alison immediately assumed she was taken by Dyad when she woke up in rehab.
- Alison’s sheer horror at the lack of privacy/discretion – tinkling & shaving
The Hendrix Murder Club
- Alison and Donnie comparing who was a better murderer
- Even murder is an act of buffoonery when done by Donnie Hendrix
- Confessions in 2×08
- Alison makes herself an accessory after the fact to Leekie’s murder
- Shouldn’t it seem weirder that this is what brought them together?
- Donnie’s last name! Because Alison’s birth certificate indicates her birth name was Alison Hendrix, people have wondered if that was an error on the show’s part. Graeme Manson replied to a fan’s question on Twitter and said that Alison’s mother insisted that Donnie change his last name when they married.
- The showrunners have said that they would love to feature Alison’s mother in an episode.
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at email@example.com
- Tweet to @TatianaIsEveryone
- Ask us a question on Tumblr