The first season had Matt Frewer and Eric Johnson. The second season had Peter Outerbridge, Patrick J. Adams, and Michelle Forbes. Now, they’ve announced Justin Chatwin, James Frain, and Ksenia Solo for the third season. Kris and Stephanie talk about the new casting announcements and make (sometimes ridiculous) suggestions for more.
- Kris’s go-to guest star suggestion: Gina Torres
- The rest of the Lost Girl cast – they’ve got Ksenia Solo, so why not the rest of the cast?! They’ve finished filming their final season and most of them are based in Toronto. It’s kind of inevitable that they’ll show up sooner or later, right?
- Ryan Robbins – another Canadian actor who tends to show up in everything. With good reason. Also, he’s very good at playing the charming-but-suspicious character, so he’d fit right in.
- LIEEEEEBS! AKA Ali Liebert – I don’t know who she’d play, but I want Ali to be in ALL THE THINGS. (Watch Bomb Girls if you haven’t yet!)
- Women who are great at playing powerful women, such as Mary McDonnell and Gillian Anderson
- I second having other Lost Girl cast members! I’m particularly interested in how Zoie Palmer might be used on Orphan Black, but Kris Holden-Ried as a sugar daddy for Felix could be very interesting.
- Terry Chen and Lexa Doig from Continuum – I have no idea what roles they would play, but I think they might make interesting additions to Orphan Black
TM has already made the case for Bryan Cranston as Cosima’s dad (ca. 38 seconds into clip):
That would be a mind-blower, and I bet BC would do it.
As for her mom, I’ve been intrigued by some fanfics and tumblr speculations that at least one of Cosima’s parents has African roots. Along these lines, I think Rae Dawn Chong would be it for current time appearance (where did Cosima acquire her taste for weed? From Gramps Tommy, who could also make a cameo). But (and this is out of the box), for a flashback to Cosima’s earlier life depicting a younger mother, how about Melissa Harris-Perry [photo].
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tweet to @TatianaIsEveryone
- Ask us a question on Tumblr