Feeling useless as a part of Clone Club, Alison tries to regain a sense of normalcy at a community event. Pushed out of her usual role of coordinator at the fair, she runs into Aynsley's husband Chad. Confronted again with her grief and guilt about Aynsley death, Alison falls back on old habits. Meanwhile, Rachel tries to pressure Donnie into revealing Helena's location by sending the police to search the Hendrixes' house in connection with Pouchy's death.
Kris and Stephanie discuss episode 3 of season 5 of Orphan Black, “Beneath Her Heart.”
- Flashbacks didn't really offer much in the way of new information, but they felt appropriate for an episode highlighting Alison's journey (and we’d mentioned in a past episode that we would like to see Alison and Cosima meeting, so thanks for that, show!)
- Blasts from the past! It was good to see Cosima in her red coat again.
- But do we believe Ramon that the drugs were all paid for? Stephanie remains skeptical.
- Chad didn't look so great, but that's reasonable.
- She has always existed in her own “Bailey Downs” world within the show. She has had a stake in and a role to play in the clone project storylines at times, but Alison has tried to maintain a separation. In confronting Rachel, Alison seems to have stepped more directly into the fray.
- But now she's going somewhere?!? Where? For how long?
- Resolution? Or maybe just follow-up? on the skeletons in the Hendrix's garage, which felt a little neat but Alison's threat to Rachel did make sense
- Where did she get Leekie's head? Didn't Cosima have it? Are we to assume it was at the lab under the comic store?
- Alison relapses but the situation did not become too dire, thankfully. Stephanie expected more fallout from Donnie being drugged.
- Alison tells the crowd that she has atoned for her sins, and she seems to find some peace about what happened with Aynsley through her interaction with Chad. (How do we feel about what happened to Aynsley?)
- The Donnie/Alison duet was sweet, right?
- Kira is still ticked at Sarah (SIGH!), and she's hiding the content of her sessions with Rachel from her family. But why???
- Unsurprisingly, Rachel collects Kira's fingernails, likely for DNA/genetics analysis — she is seemingly keeping her promise about noninvasive tests — and gives Kira a spiny mouse.
- The spiny mouse is called such because it has rigid hairs on its back, similar to a hedgehog. It could be of interest to Neolution because of its ability to regenerate tissue, as Rachel described, and possibly of interest to
- Rachel because its menstrual cycle is similar to a human's.
- How could you show us Kira considering a pocket knife and then not go back to Kira again, episode?!?
- Kira seems determined to investigate her potential regenerative abilities herself, which is anxiety-making. (see above, re: POCKET KNIFE)
- Back to her more familiar villainous, manipulative role, but she admittedly feels a bit less sinister here than she has in the past
- But she is still holding people under her thumb, blackmailing folks with threats of violence, and telling Alison that she wants to strangle her. Inner peace is a journey, huh Rachel?
- Rachel remains seemingly kind to Kira, though Kira says what all of us are thinking: why are you trusting Rachel, Kira? Should you?
The Good Hair Family
- Mrs. S alludes to them having allies. LIKE DELPHIIIIIIINE, MRS. S? What are you two up to?
- Sarah and Felix play a very supporting role, but it was good to see them having some sibling time.
- And to see Felix's side-bum. It just doesn't feel like a season of Orphan Black without it.
- Hiding out in a convent (but where?)
- Writing in a journal in Ukrainian
- Rachel states that Helena's unborn babies show even greater regenerative capabilities than Kira. It's unsurprising Rachel had the medical records since Donnie was using his real name.
- Such relief that Art didn't shoot Enger!
- Stephanie requires more information/follow-up on Donnie getting away from the hospital and back home. Did he seriously just go there, even after seeing Alison get taken? Did someone call him and he finally answered the phone so that he knew what was happening?
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at email@example.com
- Tweet to @TatianaIsEveryone
- Ask us a question on Tumblr