In preparation for the start of Orphan Black’s second season, Kris and Stephanie are continuing their discussion of first season episodes with episode 1×10, “Endless Forms Most Beautiful.” Please note, this episode is NOT spoiler-free.
Sarah & Helena
- Sarah is arrested (Kira says something bad is going to happen again. Does she mean the arrest or something else?) and almost confesses to Art. Daniel Rosen – that guy isn’t a lawyer, is he.
- Conversation with Rachel, reveals Rachel knows about Kira (How?!?)
- Paul reveals to Sarah the dirt they have on him, asks her what they have on her since she was born outside their control (Flip flop from his attitude earlier in the episode?)
- Confrontation with Helena
- Upset that Helena killed Amelia, “You killed someone I’ve been dreaming of my whole life.”
- Helena upset at Amelia both because she blames her for the abuse she suffered and because she separated her from Sarah
- “We make a family? Yes?” Nnnnnnope. Sarah says “She’s got a family.”
- Who took Kira?
- Rifles through Amelia’s things, but she put the picture back (Project LEDA, July 22, 1977)
- Warns Sarah about Amelia and looks SUPER GUILTY again
- “It was a long time ago.”
Three Clones Scene
- Most ambitious scene technically speaking since the Alison/Sarah scene in “Variations Under Domestication”
- Clones cross each other’s paths, Alison pours Cosima wine, they sit close to each other the couch – great filmmaking! Only small obvious CGI moments
- Sweet make-up moment with Cosima and Sarah
- Cosima and Sarah both support Alison in making her decision, big switch in their dynamic
- Workout video – I think the only time we see Alison not uptight (when she isn’t drunk or high)
- Tells Leekie she doesn’t want answers anymore, just her life back
- Confrontation with Aynsley and lets her die (Why did she put a felt something down the garbage disposal?)
- The return of coupon-clipping in an effort to pretend it’s normal
- Her marital difficulties with Donnie provide a good cover for her distress over Aynsley’s death
- Finally reveal for certain that Donnie was/is Alison’s monitor
- Cranberry juice incident (AKA Stephanie is living in the ball pit of denial)
- Employment contract from Leekie, her genome
- Delphine comes back (She’s got baggage.)
- “I know your tag number.” “You do?” MOST ROMANTIC THING EVER
- Knowing she has an ID number (324B21) really seems to hit home the fact that she’s a lab experiment to Cosima
- Figuring out how to decode the synthetic sequence (i.e. Cosima and Delphine’s best date ever)
- “I’m sick, Delphine.” *SOB*
Art & Angie
- Find Vic. Hoo boy.
- “My name’s Victor, and I’m an addict. Maybe.”
- Vic had an arrest warrant for selling stolen meat!
- Find Alison and realize she isn’t Sarah
- Not enough Felix, but he gets some great lines as always!
- He comes up with Rachel’s “proclone” nickname! And it doesn’t have the word “dick” in it!
- “Oh now, I get it.” Ha!
- Thanks for recycling, Alison!
- Kira says she isn’t afraid of Helena because she isn’t a real monster
- Why does Sarah pack Kira a bag and tell her not to tell Mrs. S? Is she planning to need to run from the police? Trying to protect Mrs. S in questioning?
- Amelia asks, “How can two fates be so different? You two are like night and day.”
- Sarah holds her gun and flashlight like a cop would
- There was blood on the broken glass of the basement window, but Helena seems fine. More evidence of Sarah & Helena’s possible super healing powers?
- Alison swears: “Jesus Murphy,” “Judas Priest”
- Alison lives at the corner of Black Oak & White River
- First instance of the “Helena screech” is in Mrs. S’s basement when she’s trying to escape.
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at email@example.com
- Tweet to @TatianaIsEveryone
- Ask us a question on Tumblr