In preparation for the start of Orphan Black’s second season, Kris and Stephanie are continuing their discussion of first season episodes with episode 1×06, “Variations Under Domestication.” Please note, this episode is NOT spoiler-free.
- Oh my god, Alison’s cracked – golfclub (“I whacked him and it felt so good”), craft room of terror
- Alison calls Sarah for help! Sarah tells Felix that they need to help fix Alison’s mistake.
- “You’re the only person I can talk to and you’re just another version of me.” “I’m not even a real person.”
- Sarah comforting drunk Alison – technically complicated scene, thigh pat, Sarah and Alison are sitting really close together, shadow of Sarah’s hand as she reaches for Alison’s glass of wine (Seriously, how did they shoot this scene!?!)
- Donnie – learn that Alison and Donnie have known each other since high school, but they broke up at least twice before marrying
- Does Donnie manage to sell the audience his story about the letters from an ex-love?
Paul & Vic
- As Alison’s life is in crisis, Sarah’s lies catch up with her, only adding to the mess.
- Paul switches on his Terminator mode – puts pills in the booze, tells Olivier that Beth is depressed again, uses the tracker on Beth’s car, beats up and nail guns Vic
- Paul tells Vic “She works for me. You talk to me.”
- Why does Paul switch off so easily with Sarah’s “clones” explanation?
- Pathetic Vic retreats to lick his wounds.
Cosima & Delphine
- Cosima is talking about the experiment being a double blind when she runs into Delphine in the library, but Delphine knows that she is looking after a clone.
- Is Cosima a bit envious of Sarah? Her reaction to Sarah telling her to stay away from Delphine is interesting.
- “Love me, love me … fool me, fool me.” Oh, the jogging.
- So much flirting! Eye flirting, hand-holding, leaning, cheek-kissing! Why is Delphine surprised when Cosima tries to kiss her?
- Leekie talk – Neolutionism, “self-directed evolution” (Delphine says that Neolutionism isn’t eugenical), Dyad Institute introduced
- Hotel room with Leekie (Leekie asks, “How did it go?” and Delphine replies, “Good, I think.”)
- Tells Sarah he’s going to see Colin again (Yay!)
- Dressing “suburban” – Felix looks like he’s going yachting.
- Has trouble differentiating between Sarah and Alison
- (Re)introduction of Aynsley and the introduction of Chad, who thinks it’s awesome that Felix is a gay bartender
- Olivier says, “As long as your subject makes her own choices, there is no wrong decision”
- Donnie mentions a drink cart, so Felix was right! There was a drinks trolley.
- Alison’s fancy “Off Limits” sign & trying to curl the ribbon with her thumbnail
- Two Brave New World references: Aldous Leekie, “It’s nice to have a friend in this brave new world”
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at email@example.com
- Tweet to @TatianaIsEveryone
- Ask us a question on Tumblr