In preparation for the start of Orphan Black’s second season, Kris and Stephanie are continuing their discussion of first season episodes with episode 1×08, “Entangled Bank.” Please note, this episode is NOT spoiler-free.
- Fantastic sibling stuff between her and Felix with the foot
- Argument with Cosima
- Pretending to be Beth again – what exactly was her plan? Or did she think she just needed to get it over with?
- Proposing to Alison that they “come out” as clones
- Talking more to Mrs. S about her origins, asking her to get in contact with Carlton
- “Lovely” Mrs. S to drunk Alison
- Kind but firm Mrs. S to Kira
- Nuclear-grade Mrs. S to Sarah and Felix (“I was tempted to claim the remains, chop them up, and serve them to you on toast.” “If this takes one step toward Kira, you yell fire.”)
- Reaction to Art & Angie – very much informed by her background in Brixton in the 1970s and ‘80s
Art & Co.
- Trying to puzzle out the doppelgänger situation
- Poor Colin. Stephanie thinks it’s sweet that he wanted to lie for Felix but couldn’t.
- Kris wonders if Art thought it was a little too convenient that “Beth” showed up right after he and Angie started investigating her/her doppelgängers.
- Trying to say “eff it”: smoking pot, sleeping with Chad, singing to “Bitch,” fighting with Aynsley
- But she effed it all up (but we don’t care because drunk Alison is hilarious)
- Ramping up her suspicion of Aynsley
Cosima & Delphine
- Delphine’s awkward, not-so-subtle meeting with Leekie.
- Things are getting sexy. (and juxtaposed with Alison’s minivan tryst with Chad)
- Delphine spies, but withholds information from Leekie. (Everyone protects Kira.)
- Poor Helena!
- Obsessing over photos of Kira.
- Creepy shot of Helena’s face coming out of the darkness
- The hug! (The feels!)
Olivier & Paul
- Olivier is pretty pathetic. (Complete with bum-scaffolding!)
- Paul is blackmailing the blackmailer. (Semi-Terminator mode and Stephanie loves it)
- Leekie has Olivier killed. While wearing bum-scaffolding. Oh, the indignity!
- Mrs. S calls Alison “chicken” and Kris thinks it’s adorable.
- Tatiana Maslany looks really short in this episode.
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tweet to @TatianaIsEveryone
- Ask us a question on Tumblr