In preparation for the start of Orphan Black’s second season, Kris and Stephanie are continuing their discussion of first season episodes with episode 1×09, “Unconscious Selection.” Please note, this episode is NOT spoiler-free.
- Kira! Everyone makes me cry in the scenes at the hospital.
- Thaw in the rift between her and Cosima but she’s still frosty about Delphine. “Kira’s not a lizard.”
Confrontation with Leekie
- Leekie seems overwhelmed to meet Sarah
- Says he oversees data collection and quantifies the clones’ wellbeing
- Says Maggie Chen infiltrated their operation, but Helena made it sound like Maggie Chen saw the error of her ways and converted to Proletheanism
Struggles to decide whether to turn Helena over to Leekie
- “Yeah, Helena’s gotta go.” Yikes!
- “I look at Helena, and I see me.”
- Says if she gives Helena to Leekie they’ll be partners & he’ll find out about Kira
- Kira tells her that Helena just needs her help
Confrontation with Helena
- Accepts that Sarah wants to shoot her but Sarah can’t do it
- We hear Tomas parroting back what Helena said earlier about Kira (“We would never harm her. She’s an innocent.”)
- Helena the flying squirrel. Flying attack-squirrel, rather.
- Wow. Eye gouging, huh? Damn. It’s so personal between Helena and Tomas that a gun won’t do.
- Wrecked by what happened to Kira
- Stands up to Tomas (because of Kira and Sarah)
Confrontation with Art
- Could Sarah have done anything to halt Art’s investigation? Make things any easier on herself? Why does she even meet with him?
- Art figures out that Beth isn’t Beth – could Sarah have stopped that from happening?
- Argue over bringing Beth in for questioning – is Art just protecting Beth because she was his partner? Or is it because she “has something on him” as Angie suggests?
- Angie goes behind Art’s back – do we think Art would have confronted Sarah covertly if Angie hadn’t already told their superior officer?
Confrontation with Amelia
- Even though Amelia is not Sarah’s bio mom, she reacts to her as if she were (i.e., hostile)
- Reveals that she sussed out the experiment, Helena is her twin
- Feeling awkward at the hospital
- Cleaning Felix’s apartment
- Taking Felix’s hand and asking him to go to her house
- Intervention / Pep talk from Felix
- “Fetch me something gay.” And did you see the pants he was wearing?
- “Hello. Felix. Gay friend.”
- Felix is so smug that Alison only wants to talk to him
- Felix thinks the reverend is kind of sexy!
- Colleague (Scott) reveals the different piece of the clone’s DNA (barcode)
- Confronts Delphine (why didn’t they take that picture down from the website, huh?)
- Says she knew that Delphine’s story was bullshit (Delphine agrees) but she still thought Delphine was on her side
- Oh, that horrible, horrible argument and breakup scene. How does Cosima resist the puppy eyes?? I mean –
- “She knows everything.” “Well, not everything. Clearly.”
- Love Mrs. S and her shotgun
- She looks SUPER guilty when Amelia is talking about her pregnancy
- When Helena hugs Sarah, it looks like some of Helena’s curls (or maybe her own curls) are visible in Kathryn Alexandre’s hair. (Kris noticed, but doesn’t really care.)
- No Helena screech until she is pulling the crowbar toward her.
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at email@example.com
- Tweet to @TatianaIsEveryone
- Ask us a question on Tumblr