In preparation for the start of Orphan Black’s second season, Kris and Stephanie are continuing their discussion of first season episodes with episode 1×09, “Unconscious Selection.” Please note, this episode is NOT spoiler-free.
- Kira! Everyone makes me cry in the scenes at the hospital.
- Thaw in the rift between her and Cosima but she’s still frosty about Delphine. “Kira’s not a lizard.”
- Confrontation with Leekie
- Leekie seems overwhelmed to meet Sarah
- Says he oversees data collection and quantifies the clones’ wellbeing
- Says Maggie Chen infiltrated their operation, but Helena made it sound like Maggie Chen saw the error of her ways and converted to Proletheanism
-Struggles to decide whether to turn Helena over to Leekie
- “Yeah, Helena’s gotta go.” Yikes!
- “I look at Helena, and I see me.”
- Says if she gives Helena to Leekie they’ll be partners & he’ll find out about Kira
- Kira tells her that Helena just needs her help
- Confrontation with Helena
- Accepts that Sarah wants to shoot her but Sarah can’t do it
- We hear Tomas parroting back what Helena said earlier about Kira (“We would never harm her. She’s an innocent.”)
- Helena the flying squirrel. Flying attack-squirrel, rather.
- Wow. Eye gouging, huh? Damn. It’s so personal between Helena and Tomas that a gun won’t do.
- Wrecked by what happened to Kira
- Stands up to Tomas (because of Kira and Sarah)
- Confrontation with Art
- Could Sarah have done anything to halt Art’s investigation? Make things any easier on herself? Why does she even meet with him?
- Art figures out that Beth isn’t Beth – could Sarah have stopped that from happening?
- Argue over bringing Beth in for questioning – is Art just protecting Beth because she was his partner? Or is it because she “has something on him” as Angie suggests?
- Angie goes behind Art’s back – do we think Art would have confronted Sarah covertly if Angie hadn’t already told their superior officer?
- Confrontation with Amelia
- Even though Amelia is not Sarah’s bio mom, she reacts to her as if she were (i.e., hostile)
- Reveals that she sussed out the experiment, Helena is her twin
- Feeling awkward at the hospital
- Cleaning Felix’s apartment
- Taking Felix’s hand and asking him to go to her house
- Intervention / Pep talk from Felix
- “Fetch me something gay.” And did you see the pants he was wearing?
- “Hello. Felix. Gay friend.”
- Felix is so smug that Alison only wants to talk to him
- Felix thinks the reverend is kind of sexy!
- Colleague (Scott) reveals the different piece of the clone’s DNA (barcode)
- Confronts Delphine (why didn’t they take that picture down from the website, huh?)
- Says she knew that Delphine’s story was bullshit (Delphine agrees) but she still thought Delphine was on her side
- Oh, that horrible, horrible argument and breakup scene. How does Cosima resist the puppy eyes?? I mean –
- “She knows everything.” “Well, not everything. Clearly.”
- Love Mrs. S and her shotgun
- She looks SUPER guilty when Amelia is talking about her pregnancy
- When Helena hugs Sarah, it looks like some of Helena’s curls (or maybe her own curls) are visible in Kathryn Alexandre’s hair. (Kris noticed, but doesn’t really care.)
- No Helena screech until she is pulling the crowbar toward her.
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tweet to @TatianaIsEveryone
- Ask us a question on Tumblr