We share first impressions of the fourth episode of Season 2 of Orphan Black, “Governed As It Were By Chance.”
Enlisting Cosima to look into the origins of the clone project, Sarah returns home to find answers, but she ends up in a dangerous situation. Meanwhile, Alison finds herself in rehab, and Helena escapes from the Proletheans.
- Joins forces with Cal, but still keeping him in the dark
- Returns to Toronto, leaving Kira with Cal – we were surprised that she trusts Cal that much.
- “Burglaring” with Felix at Mrs. S – Felix is still pissed at her, but he’s Felix so he shows up anyway
- Newspaper clippings reveal the people in the photo are Rachel’s scientist parents
Breaking into Rachel’s
- Videos of Rachel’s happy childhood – her life wasn’t as controlled and sanitized as we expected
- Being tortured by Daniel and saved by Helena
- WHY DIDN’T DANIEL DIE? (In the car crash, we mean.)
- From Bob
“My first reaction to this episode (“Mingling Its Own Nature with It”) was wanting to see Daniel Rosen dead, so I was very happy to hear Stephanie say something very similar.”
Hug between Helena & Sarah
- Amazing technical work
- Oh, our hearts!
- Mirror to Helena & Kira scene in “Entangled Bank”?
- Escapes the Proletheans (FINALLY! Now Kris can breathe again.)
- They harvested her eggs. Least creepy possibility of the ones we considered, but still creepy. And incredibly upsetting.
- Keeping an eye on the Proletheans
- Why didn’t you go after Helena, Art?
- Is in rehab. And stuck there until her 28 days are up, apparently.
- “I don’t think I’ve ever done THE NASTY.”
- We kind of love Alison’s counselor, Yvonne. “Addicts do stupid things.”
- Horror at seeing a woman shave her arms! Ha!
- Lots of Felix bon mots
- “We’ll celebrate with brunch and mimosas. Oh god. Or maybe just brunch.”
- “Transgressive lesbian geek spiral”
- Nice to see him being supportive to Alison
- He and Sarah need to resolve their stuff, though.
- More sad videos. And the coughing! Why?!?
- Geek monkey, back to her Gilesing.
- Project LEDA – Leda and the swan myth, suggests the military might have been involved
- Looks up information about Rachel’s parents
- Lucky for Benjamin he checked out okay because Mrs. S is a badass
- Meets up with Carlton and gets her sexy on
- Roger Cross guest star
- Stephanie would like more Felix and Cosima please.
- No Delphine this episode and third episode in a row without Paul
- The post about a possible diagnosis for Cosima, Jennifer, and Katja that Kris mentions is this one by i-type-a-lot.
- From Janice
“From season 2, episode 1 there is a scene where Rachel tells Leekie that she needs to use his office for a meeting. I take this as meaning that perhaps Rachel doesn’t have as much power or clout as Leekie. I follow a lot of OB blogs and analyses, but no one has commented on this. I know you already did your podcast for this episode, but if you ever get the chance to comment on this point, I’d be interested in hearing your thoughts. Is this a clue that Rachel does not know as much or is as powerful as she appears?”
- From Dan
“Looks like Helena may have forgiven Sarah for shooting her, given the way she spoke in their reunion scene. Speaking of which, that was a masterful bit of television that seemed to be much longer/slower on first watch than it has been on rewatches. I think that’s due to being sucked into the drama so completely by Tatiana’s acting and the production overall. For usually being such a fierce character, it was fascinating to see Sarah in such desperation with Daniel, because her usual resourcefulness is severely limited here, and then seeing her in abject terror upon seeing who took out Daniel. And Helena did everything except lie on her back to show deference and submission to Sarah. I can’t wait to see more of the sestras’ dynamic.”
- From Bob
“I get the feeling that Gracie may be made to carry that child, which would explain her attempt to kill Helena.”
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at email@example.com
- Tweet to @TatianaIsEveryone
- Ask us a question on Tumblr