Season 2 of Orphan Black has come to an end, and we have 10 months (or more?!?) to agonize over what is going to happen to our beloved and unbeloved (Ahem! Rachel) characters. We discuss the burning questions we have left over from Season 2 as well as share questions that listeners sent in.
Questions we had from season 2 (and some answers)
- Why? Who? takes a picture of Kira in 2×01? – We realized that Benjamin was taking her picture for the passports he makes for Kira and Mrs. S.
- Baby picture in Helena’s effects in 2×02 – Probably from the Cold River archives, but does it have some significance to Helena?
- Carlton tells S about the ferryman in 2×04 – What did she do with that info? Will she do something with it?
- Murder charges on Felix in 2×05-2×06 – Were they dropped? Sarah didn’t comply to Rachel’s demand, and Leekie died before he got any of Duncan’s info that was offered if he’d drop the charges.
- Cold River institute – what was Duncan’s interest? Was it just to find an alias? Or was there another reason?
- Who came after Sammy in 2×08? Dyad? The military? Why? Are they after Tony too?
Things we’re wondering about season three
- What will be the outcome of the implantations of Gracie and Helena?
- What will Angie do? Will she give up? What new tack might she try?
- Art’s suspension – Will he be reinstated?
From tumblr user youre324b21:
Now that we are all hanging in the ballpit for the next 10 months, let’s talk about Evelyne/Delphine. I can’t think of a single reason why Rachel would have her killed as some have suggested. Delphine is a gnat to Rachel. Now that Rachel is in flux life wise it makes even LESS sense why Delphine’s life would come to an end unless Evelyne wants to end her stay–which I can’t see either. So–Delphine Alive, or super alive?
I’d like to get some clarification on Paul and Mrs. S. Who are they, was Paul always in the military, and what is Mrs. S’s story.
- In an interview with EW, John and Graeme confirm that Paul was always affiliated with the military and that the events in Afghanistan were fabricated so that Dyad would approach him.
- In 2×06, Mrs. S tells Paul that Afghanistan will have all have been for nought. How did she know about Paul’s background?
Ethan said that the original genesis of Project Leda was that the military wanted little girls. But why?
I’ve always gotten the impression that Gracie is younger than Mark and hence their attraction was creepy to me. But in the finale they got married and no one batted an eyelash or asked for parental consent. Is that not a thing in Canada? How old do we think Gracie is? 16 maybe?
What do you think is coming up for Sarah next season? Do you think there will be a time jump in between seasons? Will Sarah be focused on helping Cosima get better and finding Helena, or something else?
Do you think that Rachel will continue to be the big bad next season? Originally I thought Marion would be taking over, but since she adopted Charlotte that seems unlikely now.
1. Mark (Rebecca did acknowledge that we answered this last episode)
Does Mark know he’s a clone? Did he escape from the military and get sucked into the Prolethian farm by chance? Or was he working for the military all along? Is he still working for the military, shepherding Gracie and her Helena-embryo to his bosses so they can make adorable but deadly Ukranian super-soldiers?
- In an interview with TV Line, John and Graeme say that they “don’t think” Mark knows he is a clone.
2. Mrs. S and the car bomb
Why did Mrs. S order someone on the phone to build a car bomb? Was it in reaction to the Kira situation, or is that just a normal Tuesday for her?
3. The Very Complicated Clone Deal
Okay, let’s see if I’ve got this right:
a) Mrs. S agrees to have her people nab Helena and hand her over to the military…
b) so the military will let Paul give the top-secret red folder of boy-clone data(?) to Marian Bowles…
c) who convinces the Cabal to let her call Dyad off Sarah and Kira…
d) in exchange for a boy-clone of their very own…
e) and because being an adoptive clone-mama has made her a card-carrying member of the SPCC.
I need another perspective cause I think I’ve found a rather stupid plot hole… If Mark went AWOL to get away from the Castor Project, then why in HELL did Henrik not breed Helena with him instead of himself?? Was it just because the writers wanted to save the revelation of male clones till the end? It seems like a rather dumb move on their part and makes Henrik (already an underwhelming villain) look like an even bigger moron. Is it possible Mark kept that information from him? That seems way out of character for him given how invested he is in Henrik. I think it was just a lazy way to make Henrik look monstrous for impregnating his own daughter so Helena would have an excuse to murder him. I can’t make heads or tails of why the writers went in that direction given the last scene of the last episode… It would make so much more sense if Helena was impregnated with Mark’s babies…
Speaking of ugly inconsistency, I’m really bummed Helena made no mention whatsoever of those countless incest children that she apparently orphaned, you know, the way Amelia did to her, which she rewarded her for with a knife in the belly. All I was asking for is just one scene where the writers acknowledged what happened to the kids and that Helena is at all concerned about that… Hell, she’s getting shipped off to the military so they have the excuse to conveniently sweep those kids under the rug anyway. Yet not one mention of that elephant in the room? I feel kind of uncomfortable with how that big loose end was ignored given Helena’s solidarity with children. I do love this season but now that it’s done I’m starting pick it apart the more I think about it. HELP.
My questions are…In the season finale was Cosima dead or dying and Kira brought her back? Are the males clones brothers to the female clones? Was Mrs. S a part of Project Leda when the clones were created?
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tweet to @TatianaIsEveryone
- Ask us a question on Tumblr