Kane and Pike arrive in the newly-conquered Polis while Clarke and company continue their quest to find Luna. Kris records solo, still loves Clarke the most, and cannot figure out why the show seems to be trying to make Pike sympathetic in this episode.
- Kris: I have mixed feelings about this episode. I liked some – maybe even a lot – of the “Adventure Squad” stuff. For example, figuring out the signal fire and the scene where they meet Luna. But there’s more torture with Indra cutting Pike and Jaha crucifying Kane. I’m still having a hard time with a lot of the creative decisions the show is making. It feels like a lot of it is sending either mixed messages or just wrong messages.
- The flashbacks were mildly interesting, but we got very little new information from them and they ended with a grown man being “justified” in beating the snot out of a teenager to, presumably, teach the kids an invaluable lesson about working together or something.
- We found out that Murphy was arrested for arson.
- Abby’s final farewell to Clarke before the dropship launch made Kris cry
Pike, Murphy, & Indra
- The perverted version of Polis that opens up the episode (blood and crucifixes in the street) is exactly what Pike expected Polis to be.
- Indra finally gets some revenge/justice for her peacekeeping army.
- Is it just Kris, or did the creative choices (music, camera angles, shot choices, etc.) make it seem like Pike was right to beat up Murphy but Indra was wrong to cut Pike?
Chipped People vs. Kane
- Using Abby to try to seduce Kane was gross, but not surprising.
- Why crucifixion, show???
- And Alie/Jaha (Jahalie?) once again use Abby as a “negotiation” tool when dealing with Kane by threatening to kill her.
Clarke & Adventure Squad & Luna
- Bellamy’s “if you had just trusted me” to Octavia was SUCH the wrong thing to say, in addition to just making me furious with him.
- Octavia recounting Lincoln’s death seemed like a prime opportunity for her to bond with Clarke over their grief (the situations are SO SIMILAR), but we don’t see them talking at all. Instead, we see Clarke talk to Bellamy and bond over guilt.
- I want to know more about Luna! How does she know Lincoln? Are they related somehow?
- Abby was looking very Clarke this episode.
- I’m glad somebody finally hugged Clarke.
- If Luna doesn’t take the Flame, will Raven discover how to duplicate Becca’s gene therapy and create a Nightblood? If so, who will be chosen? (My money’s on Clarke.)
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form