Clarke is desperate for Luna’s assistance. Murphy and Pike as well as Raven and Monty each fight their own very personal battles with ALIE. Guest host Sally joins Kris to hash out various theories about the episode and the season.
- Sally: I enjoyed watching this episode. There were twists that I didn't see coming and I enjoy that. Standard disclaimer that I am emotionally detached from the characters.
- Kris: I liked this episode okay. As always, I could do without the torture scenes, but I liked the thematic stuff. This episode really hit that hard — what sacrifices or compromises are you willing to make for your cause?
Raven & Monty
- Just had to know that Raven was going to try to do her code thing. If a gun appears in the first act, it must be fired by the third act.
- They went for the full Matrix thing with Raven seeing the City of Light in the code.
- Monty basically had to decide to kill his mom again and then he felt like it was for nothing – again – since ALIE deleted herself from the mainframe. Now Raven has a similar thing to feel guilty about. She's been pretty blameless so far, hasn't massacred 300 people or anything.
Pike, Murphy & Indra
- Sally is enjoying Murphy’s character arc. When he's paired against one of our “good” characters, he seems like a real d-bag. But when he's paired against Pike, whom Sally dislikes, he seems like an okay guy. (Same as when he was paired with Jaha.) And even Murphy has his emotional soft spots – he couldn't pull the trigger for fear that it would delete her mind.
- Is this the first time we’ve seen Murphy unwilling to do something in the name of survival?
- Indra picked up a gun!
- Why were they so keen to destroy the backpack but didn’t even think about why it might be connected to the pod??
ALIE & Jaha
- Now ALIE is isolated in the backpack, at least. Or is she? What was the migration? From the backpack to the pod so she's not quite as vulnerable?
- Jaha is weird
- Still using Hannah to manipulate Monty. Not cool, guys.
Clarke, The Adventure Squad & Luna
- We were really surprised that Clarke tried to put the flame into Luna by subterfuge. Bad decision after bad decision.
- Jasper follows his usual pattern of crushing on a girl first thing once he’s in a new location
- Do we think Jasper is chipped?
- Sally thinks Harper is chipped and that's how ALIE knew that Sinclair was dead. Maybe she seduced Monty at ALIE’s behest to try to prevent him from helping Raven break into the code.
- Poor Shay didn’t even get a thank you.
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at email@example.com or use the contact form