Kris and Annie discuss the first four episodes of Season Two of Supergirl, in which many familiar characters arrive in National City. Supergirl and Superman team up to suss out a situation involving Lena Luthor. Kara is suspicious of the recently arrived Mon-El but very excited to meet the president. J'onn J'onzz is surprised and pleased to meet another Martian, and Alex finds rapport with a police detective.
- We finally get to meet Clark/Superman in person, and he and Kara are adorable, lovable nerds who just want to help people.
- Lots of other familiar characters also appear, including Lena Luthor, Snapper Carr, M’gann M’orzz, and Mon-El.
- Because the showrunners knew they needed to do something to hold Annie's attention, Maggie Sawyer is introduced as a potential love interest for Alex. (This editorial comment courtesy of Stephanie. -Kris)
- Kara meets the President, who is played by Linda freaking Carter. Heck yes!
- After deciding to date at the end of Season One, Kara and James decide not to date at the beginning of Season Two, and we're confused.
- Cat takes a leave of absence from CatCo, which shakes up the dynamic of the newsroom.
- I think season two of Supergirl is off to a great start so far. I've enjoyed how most of the new characters are introduced, the teamwork of Supergirl and Superman, and J’onn J’onzz and Alex getting more of their own storylines with the introduction of M’gann M’orzz and Maggie Sawyer.
- The story still makes time for the important aspects, such as the Danvers sisters’ relationship, which makes me happy.
- And yay for The President and Supergirl fangirling over her! And boo for Cat leaving! I’m going to really miss her.
- I’ve really enjoyed the first few episodes, though there have been a few things that have bugged me. The tone has largely remained the same from the first season, which is a huge relief to me.
- But there are a couple of storyline things that seem like a “reset” after all the progress made through the course of season one — namely Kara and James’ relationship and J’onn’s attitude.
- I’m sad Cat won’t be a regular this season, but I’ve been very pleased with the additions to the cast.
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form