Kris and Stephanie discuss the Lena Luthor highlights of episode 2×19 “Alex,” including phone calls, trickery, and regret. This podcast episode contains ludicrous luxuriating in Lena Luthor and her (non-canonical) love of Kara. More typical episode discussion is still to come.
A Few Observations
- Lena, Kara, you both needed to talk to your girlfriend in this episode. Good on Lena for calling, but y’all didn’t talk!
- Brunch date! Both the queerest and coupley-est of meals!
- “Is everything okay?” — Lena is very considerate. We’ve heard her say this at least once before.
- Lena tricking Rhea into confirming that she is an alien and kicking her out of her office was Stephanie’s favorite scene of the episode. Even though Lena is likely heading toward some manipulation by Rhea, at least she didn’t come across as a complete fool.
- But oh Lena. Your mother issues are gonna get you into trouble, we fear.
- One of Stephanie’s favorite reaction shots of the episode was Lena responding to Rhea’s dark “And then my husband died.”
- Thanks to Cathy for recommending My Youth Is Yours by lynnearlington. Kris is a little obsessed with it now and keeps yelling at them to just BE TOGETHER ALREADY. Because it’s giving her a lot of feelings.
- Stephanie is really enjoying The Fifth Wall by Black_Tea_and_Bones. It's more cute than angsty, though there's a satisfying amount of angst to make you like everybody.
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at email@example.com or use the contact form