Kris, Stephanie, and Annie discuss “Supergirl Lives” and revisit the first eight episodes of Season 2 of Supergirl to mention some things they forgot to discuss previously. Kris also has some potentially explosive Lena Luthor revelations.
- J’onn J’onzz: We forgot to mention in our discussion of “Medusa” that we appreciated the moment he and Kara had on the balcony. We knew he was going to say she was her parents’ legacy, but we don’t care. Crying anyway!
- Alex & Maggie: Stephanie forgot to mention a moment she liked: when Maggie took Alex’s hand when they were “undercover” at Roulette’s illegal fighting ring.
- The Guardian: With James pursuing heroics, Winn at the DEO, and Cat gone, the show has decidedly shifted away from showing us Kara’s “normal life.” The “normal persona” in tension with the “super persona” should be an important part of a “Super” narrative. It’s making us nervous.
- Clark: Stephanie loves the show’s version of Clark Kent/Superman. Are we going to come back to this issue Alex brought up about Clark “abandoning” Kara with the Danvers?
- Lena: After a re-watch, Kris has thoughts about the way Lena and Lois Lane are and aren’t paralleled.
Supergirl vs. Comics
- Mon-El: We were wrong! Or confused? Something. In the comics, Mon-El is apparently the alter ego of Lar Gand or Valor and not Superboy. Kon-El is Superboy’s real name. Sorry to have led y’all astray.
- Maggie Sawyer: We discuss how Stephanie came to know Maggie Sawyer and how Maggie's persona on the TV series differs from her persona in the comic books. We also consider why the writers didn't use Renee Montoya instead of Maggie Sawyer on Supergirl.
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form