Things get a lot worse in both Polis and Arkadia. Kris and Dawson talk about the things they liked, the things they didn’t, and why they’re still watching the show.
Why We’re Still Watching
- Watching and discussing something is not the same as supporting it.
- This season has been questionable, but we know they’re capable of good storytelling
- Still invested in the characters
- If we stop watching problematic shows, we’ll have to stop watching everything.
Things We Liked
- Kris hates the events that led up to it, but she wants to know more about Clarke as Flamekeeper.
- Ontari seems like she’s going to be a good villain, by which we mean she’s really despicable.
- “THOSE ARE LEXA’S CANDLES YOU ANIMAL.” -Laura Snodgrass
- Indra and Octavia: “Octavia IS my people”
- Octavia leading the rebel exodus
Things We DIDN’T Like
- All the “shock value” death — Death on The 100 isn’t anything new. But the way those deaths are carried out matters. These feel too much like cruelty — to the characters AND to the viewers.
- Representation continues to be a problem on the show. The tumblr post we mention in the episode comparing similar scenes from The 100 and the episode of Underground that aired the same week is available here.
- The absence of hope and humanity
- Where the heck are Raven and Jaha??
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at email@example.com or use the contact form