The second season of Wynonna Earp ends with some emotional moments, especially concerning the birth of Wynonna's baby, and questions remain about Waverly's parentage. And what are Nicole and Dolls up to? Annie and Kris discuss the final three episodes of Season 2.
- Annie: The last three episodes of this season wrung me through an emotional roller coaster, washing machine, gawd knows what else, inside and out! From Nicole almost dying to the alternate universe to Wynonna’s baby being born and having to give her up — it was too much! The acting has really stood out for me, especially Melanie Scrofano, portraying Wynonna’s struggle to end the curse and protect her family, and then having to give up what matters to her most. I’m so happy with WayHaught being portrayed as a couple that has their ups and downs (and a surprise wife!) even in the midst of a heightened supernatural world. There are still so many more questions that need to be answered, from Waverly’s parentage, to Mama Earp. I’m so glad we know there’s already a season 3, so we can hopefully get more answers.
- Kris: I’m kind of not sure how to feel about these episodes? I find that I have mixed feelings about a lot of things. Like the return of Rachael Ancheril. I’m glad they had the actress back for a few episodes, but I didn’t like that character.
- Nicole is bitten by Widow Mercedes who thought she had the third seal, infecting Nicole with a fatal toxin.
- Waverly makes a deal with Gretta, the Iron Witch, who tricks her into betraying Wynonna by giving Widow Beth the third seal.
- As payment from Waverly, the Iron Witch demands the trophy and wishes that Wynonna disappears.
- Waverly and the rest of the gang are in an alternate universe where Wynonna never exists.
- Doc and Bobo are the only ones who remember Wynonna, who remind the rest of the gang. Everyone ends up dying in order to bring Wynonna back and restore their universe.
- Bobo and the Widows team up to release Bulshar, the Demon Clootie. Widow Mercedes turns against Widow Beth and Bobo and takes Bulshar’s ring to rise as Gandolf Mercedes.
- Wynonna melts down the plate to create an ammolite bullet, which her and Doc split during a face off, killing the Widows.
- Doc and Jeremy defeat Bobo and Doc traps him in the well.
- Rosita betrays Wynonna and Waverly is able to temporarily fire Peacemaker at Wynonna’s command to stop her.
- Wynonna gives birth to her daughter, Alice Michelle, and sends her away so she’ll be safe from the revenants.
- Waverly walks across the Ghost River Triangle line with the baby safely, proving that neither of them have revenant blood.
- Nicole and Dolls seem to already be investigating Bulshar’s cult. Nicole also has Bulshar’s ring, which she took off Widow Mercedes remains.
- Wynonna finds Mama Earp and asks what they will do now that Bulshar will rise.
Things Made Us Happy
- WayHaught are soulmates, destined to find each other in alternate universes.
- The scenes between Bobo and Waverly — creepy as hell, but great chemistry/acting with Michael Eklund and Dominique Provost-Chalkey
- Nicole and Jeremy being fully integrated into the Earp gang
- Nicole saying to Wynonna and Waverly “I got you” and Jeremy saying he stayed since he doesn’t fit in anywhere else
- Wynonna insisting on Waverly being an Earp, no matter what the DNA tests or Bobo say — sisterly love!
- Wynonna on a motorcycle again!
Questions We’re Pondering
- Who is Waverly? She’s not an Earp, or Bobo’s daughter, but he still calls her “kin”.
- Why did Doc end up in hell? What did it mean when Bobo said he “will always be one of us”?
- Is Peacemaker sentient? Why did it glow blue when it shot Rosita?
- Why was Jeremy recruited for Black Badge? Does he have any special abilities?
- What will Nicole and Dolls do with the Bulshar cult file? Will she keep the ring a secret?
- Wynonna knew where her mom was all along? Why did her mom leave the family? How can she help in the fight against Bulshar?
Share your feedback or ask questions
- Send a voice message through your computer, iPhone, or iPad
- Call (972) 514-7223 to leave a voicemail
- Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form